Jim B. (Batteries)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Bennett

Reaction score
I am looking into buying new batteries for the Boat done with the wally word ones. Looking to go to the Trojans. Wanted to know what size your running scs225's?; I have a minkota 109 36 volts and can only have 3 batteries for everything. Any help is appreciated. Oh yeah I also live in central mass. where do you get yours.

Craig, i do run the scs 225's. i have a 24 volt setup and i use a 27tm for my start. From what im told you can also run a scs 225 to start the motor if need be.

I got mine from Nissitissit trolling motor service when they were in pepperell, but they have since moved to NH. There is a place in worcester that sells them also, its an industrial battery place on rt 20. If you go on the trojan battery website they haqve the contact info. Northern bass also sells them.

If you go with trojan you are making the right choice for sure. They are goiugn to cost you more(i have heard the price went up a bit due to the cost of lead) but you wont have all the same grief you get from the wally world ones at all. The Trojans will be dependable and perform awesome. Im going on season 5 with mine and they show zero sighs of slowing down. I fish a lot and use them hard too.

id going to switch to agm batteries next time. seem to hold up alot better but cost more:wacko:

mike

Trojan SCS's for me too - I have two SCS225's in my boat, along with a 27SM-1100 to crank over the Optimax. Can't go wrong with maroon colored batteries!

All the best,

Glenn

Thanks Guys I am going to be getting the trojans soon, have to get them before the income tax return runs out. Thanks for the info. Craig.:D

Craig

Give Kevin Ring A call at Extreme Bass in Windham. He is the local trolling motor expert.

i got my trojens from him last year. best price i could find.

GregD

Hi Craig, I am in Fitzwilliam! Trojans, I get all of our batteries from Batteries Plus in Amhurst, NH, I call him up and tell him what I need them for, boat or golf cart and he either has them in stock or the next day. Everyone around the area sells Interstates.

Cass :)

Back