Jeanne's big bass

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Here's the lunker Jeanne caught out of my mom's backyard pond over the December holiday.

fish.jpg

It's a bighead!! Looks like it would weigh 8 or 9 "filled out"!! Must be a small pond. That's when they get like that. Still a nice fish.

TOXIC

Jeanne thinks it was bigger than the weight you suggest. She's 5' 8", so it's probably a bit longer than one would assume looking the pic. Need to start keeping a scale at my mom's place.

That pond, which is perhaps 1 to 2 acres, is connected to a series of other ponds in the subdivision, ranging size from 1/4 acre to 10 to 20 acres. Catfish are usually the dominant species, unless a gator has taken up residence. The SE drought took a toll, but the water is coming back, and the fish are biting.

That is a Lunkhead for sure!! I think it would fill out to about 5, maybe six pounds.

now we see why the library is up and running:)

just kidding - nice fish - sucks that it wasn't at its true potential though.

looks like a florida fish, they get giant heads and no body.

mike c

Dunno. Last lunker she caught in there was this one. More belly.

bigfish2.JPG

The first fish is really the second fish on Jenny Craig....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Nice fish Jeanne!!! I'm jealous of that and your being in Florida.:( That's a great pond fish. What did she use to catch that lunker Rich?

Uncle Billy

Ahhhhh...Thanks a boatload man fo fixin' the library!

YOUDAMAN!:cool:

That second fish is certainly healthy. With an empty stomache, you can readily see why it took Jeanne's offering.

I think she was throwing a texas rigged Speed Fall worm, dark green if I remember.

Latest posts

Back