Jeanne's best fish to date

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
On a Bill Dance topwater, out of the pond behind my Mom's house in Leesburg, FL.

We didn't have a scale, but somewhere in the 6 to 8lb. range is our best guess.

bigfish1.JPG

bigfish2.JPG

That's a nice fish. On a topwater too boot. Must have been an exciting strike.

Sweet !!! And twice as nice coming on a topwater bait !!!:D:D

Steve
4631.gif

Rich,

Since you didn't have a scale and since this fish should entitle your wife to some "bragging rights" in the Stern Household until such time as you "prove" you have a caught a bigger fish (by means of sworn testimony and a certified scale)... I, the official Bumpmaster of NTOWS, declare that to be an 11.5 lb Bass... Beat that "sucka"!!!!

Great fish Jeanne! Must have fought like a monster!! That think looks like it could swallow her hand!!!

Greg, no problem. I went out a few hours later and managed a nice 8" bluegill. Back on top!

:D

That pond is dominated by very big catfish, and we usually have a tough time snagging the bass. If we do, they are usually adolescents. We had never seen, much less hooked, a bass of that size from the pond. The neighborhood has a number of ponds, ranging in size from 1/2 acre to 25 acres, some connected by overflow pipes. I'd guess that bass made his way in from one of the larger ponds.

Jeanne and I each pulled sizable (4 to 5lbs) bass outta that pond this morning. That was before I even had coffee, which is unheard of for me.

To me anyway, on the surface is just about as nice as it gets. I caught my first decent Bass, about three lbs. on a floating Rapala. It was about my third time freshwater fishing and also the third time for my friend who was with me. I thought I was going to die when that thing jumped the first time and when I landed it I thought it was at least a World's Record.:D

That's the only way I knew how to fish for awhile.:huh:

Uncle Billy

Mike, yep, topwater again. Jeanne with the Bill Dance popper, and I was using some unknown brand, small popper that I've had for ten years. Still works.

Back