JDJ/deck extension

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
JDJ, you asked about the deck extension, here it is..........I will be headin to Home depot to see if they have the color carpet, since I have a sample of mine. Homer depot has rolls that you can just cut off what you need(if its the same color). Anyway, mine was I think 20-1/4" BY 17-1/2, and the depth from top of carpet on deck to the lip that holds the extension was 1-3/4", so I screwed together 2 pieces of 3/4" Plywood and left enough room for the carpet when installed. If you look close to the picture, the extension is a bit lower then the rest of the deck, which is good, cuz when the carpet is installed it will be level. Hope this helps, so far it cost me nothing, since I had wood layin around and screws, and also Glue for the carpet, so probly under 10 bucks total.........hope this helps.

surely.jpg

Thanks Mike,

Ie it screwed down to the fiberglas or just set in place?

Its kinda snug fit, and will be real snug when the carpet is on it, like the other compartments up front, you don't have to screw it down, just make sure it isn't loose or it could flop around a bit. My Dad did this in 99' with his 185 Sport, and it is still there and strong, and he didn't use treated either.;)

Hey Mike, When I built the deck extension in my P/T 185, now Brian Fary's (ncfishingnitro). I called Tracker and bought the exact carpet. They were fairly cheap and it matched up pretty good. As new as your rig is, they should hit fairly close as far as the color goes.

Steve

I have color sample of mine to take with to Homerdepot, they cut to fit, my dealer would order me sheet, and I don't want a sheet, I want 4x4 feet thats it.

Looks good Mike. A huge recommendation is to mount a pedestal base on the extension to give you more deck space up front. It will be the best customization you make on this boat.
P4090044.jpg

P4110002.jpg

Hey Steve, you are back. How was fishing in the gulf? Did you pic up your boat yet?

Bryan

Back