Jack plate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Green

Reaction score
Need a little info on Jack Plates, I have a nitro 750 DC with a 135 Optimax. The boat is Chine walking around 63 mph. Will a Jack Plate help with this or am I just wasting my money. I still have a little throttle left, but have to cut back the therottle when it begins to chine walk... Robert

A plate can help chinewalk but its not a cureall by any means.

Seat time is the biggest factor in learning how to control/prevent it from happening.

One thing you may want to try is to not trim out all the way, use just a touch less and you may find it easier to control.

Seat time is the biggest factor in learning how to control/prevent it from happening.

No truer words have been spoken. Too many boaters look for a mechanical fix/short cut to the simple fact stated above. For the most part, jackplates are installed for holeshot improvement and optimium top end. Most boats do not NEED them, the boater WANTS them. (i.e.: To trick out their ride and in many cases to "band-aid" their lack of experience.) Time and trim will be your best instructors. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back