jack plate

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2004 700 LXDC with a stock 90 HP 2 stroke. I was thinking about adding a 2 1/2 or 5" jack plate to improve overall performance. Currently it will run 46 GPS ,hole shot is fair. The cavation plate is right on the bottom of the boat. Any suggestions or opinions?

Prop? WOT RPMs? Is that 46gps lightly loaded or full tourney load with a buddy?

I've got a similar rig with a bit more HP - 700lx DC stock 115 Merc. I'm getting 54-55mph lightly loaded (hit 57 once) on my GPS, and 52 mph on GPS loaded for bear with my tourney partner and a livewell full. Prior owner (the owner of this site) did add a 4.5 inch manual Jackplate, and running a 25p Turbo 3 blade.

For the Holeshot being "fair" is the prop vented? What is your RPMs at holeshot?

Trep

Sounds like (I needtostart with a prop. Mine is stock aluminum any suggestionsa as to what I should try? My tach shows 5200 at W.O.T.

22P or 23P prop is what you need in ss. Had a 700 with a 90 hp merc. 48-50 GPS is all your going to get. I tryed it all already. Injoy what you have its a good rig the way it is. Just prop it and use middle rigging hole for setup Ken

Back