I've STILL got the best wife in the world!!!

• Thread starter Mark Hofman [IMG]http://www.garmin.com/products/gp
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Sometimes I cannot believe that I am married to the woman I wed almost ten years ago next week.

On a recent trip to Wisconsin, for a family wedding, I took along my Garmin iQue3600 GPS/Palm that has a voice-guidance capability. It so impressed my father-in-law that he decided to go out and buy a GPS unit for himself. We did a lot of looking, but he settled on the Garmin 176c. Then I ordered a kit that had the MapSource City Select CD (with the voice files), a 128 MB storage card, two types of automotive mounts, and a power cord with speaker.

But because the 176c is a discontinued model, replaced with the 276c, I ordered the automotive kit for the 276 thinking it would work just fine with the 176.

Well, it DOESN'T. The power/data cords are completely different. So what are the choices? Send the automotive kit back and keep the 176c (which, by the way, does NOT have voice guidance capability) - or return the 176c, forfeit the $100 rebate and the 10% discount, and buy a 276c which is $300 MORE than the 176?

My father-in-law really wants the voice guidance, so he told me to keep the automotive kit and he'd return the 176 in exchange for the 276 plus the cost difference.

Last night, my wife asked me if I wanted to keep the 176 for my boat (my iQue Palm/GPS isn't waterproof). I said "Really?" She just smiled and said, "Happy Tenth Anniversary." We'll give my father-in-law a check for the 176, let him keep the $100 rebate, and everyone is happy!

<i><b><u>WHAT</u>...<u>A</u>...<u>WOMAN!!!!!!</b></u></i>

(And if I've not mentioned it before, for our FIFTH-year anniversary, she gave me my Beretta Border Marshall .40 Centurion semi-auto pistol. Seewhaddahmean, Vern?)
pt-gpsmap176c.jpg

BTW - I would HIGHLY recommend the iQue Palm/GPS for anyone who travels for business and is thinking about replacing their Palm Pilot.
iQue3600pic.jpg

Everyone, I've met MO's wife - she teaches the two daughters of a freind of mine - she is every bit as wonderful as MO says! Actually, he is somewhat downplaying her!!

And ya know sumpthin' else? She deserves MO! What a wonderful couple!

Happy Anniversary!!

me!

(BUT does her father wear a Tracker hat yet? LOL!!)

I have a Windows Mobile version that I like better than the ique. It is made by teletype and is PCMICA/CF (compact flash) compatible.

I agree if you do any travelling, you need a system like these.

Mini

...and you call yourselves men?

You need a map (even one that talks!) to get where you're going???

Come on! What about using the sun and stars???

LOL

I'd love to have one...

Wonder what I'd have to do to get my wife to buy ME one?

(maybe get lost a few times!!!)

az

Nope...no sisters. Just a brother.

No Tracker hat, me, but he does wear his free "Fishin' Hole" hat that does say TRACKER - FISH THE FINEST.

Mini, will your unit accept mapping software like FISHING HOT SPOTS (or Magellan's equivalent)? The only reason I ended up with a Palm OS unit is because it had to be compatable with the Palm units used by my co-workers (for beaming contact info and things like meetings/appointments/tasks, etc.).

Andy, at least with one of these things, I never have to suffer the humiliation of stopping at a gas station to ask for directions with my wife sitting next to me saying, "I thought you said you knew how to get there!"

You've got a good one, no doubt about it, but mine is the best!

Here she is picking up her Mother's day present, which was an upgrade from the Triton she wanted for the previous Valentines day...

And she outfishes me 95% of the time...

simwife.jpg

Back