It's That Time of Year

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Everybody that lives in a State that has an annual fishing license renewal program make sure you are legal before you hit the water!! Getting my 09 on-line today. That is one area where the DNR around here do not cut any slack. You have to have it and have it in your possesion/on your person. I was wade fishing the shenandoah one year and I was 50 feet from my jeep when the DNR came up to me in a canoe. They asked for my license and I pointed to my jeep parked on the bank and told them it was right there and that I did not want to carry it and get it wet. I got a ticket. :angry: no discussion, no excuses.

TOXIC

Tox, that dude was a real jerk. I would have challenged that one. TN has a combo hunt and fish licence, so ours don't expire until end of Feb after hunting is all over. What do you all have to pay over there? TN is $28 for hunt (small game) and fish, and 18 for trout.

Kentucky fishing licenses expire the end of February. My wife and I always get the Joint Husband-Wife license, which is $36 annually (saves $4 instead of getting seperate licenses).

Good reminder... Illinois and Wisconsin are March 30, 2009. Thanks for getting us to look.

Tox,

fishing lic are good one year from the day you buy them.

mike c

mine expires 2-02-09

My hunting and fishing license never expires. I got my Lifetime Hunting and Fishing License here in Alabama 20 years ago for my 16th birthday. Never have to worry about expiration dates.:D

In Virginia (and quite a few other states) they are good for a calander year from date of purchase.

:unsure:

Hey at least we don't have to wear it in a pouch displayed!

Just hit the magic number for my age to buy the lifetime license. Just sent away for it yesterday. Only $55! Guess sometimes it pays to get old(er). LOL

Way cool Bill! Or should we say Old Man?????? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I need to look at mine and see the exp date now that you mention it.

I knew it was calander year so I looked at mine and it is 02/09 so I am good for a while. This year I might get the salt as well because I just know CIII will take me below the 301 bridge for the striper run this year. :lol:

TOXIC

You mean you NEED to have a License to fish and hunt:huh:?????????

fatrap

March 31, 2009 the Michigan 2008 license expires. Ontario and Walpole is Dec. 31 2008.

I will be looking forward to spending my $120 on licenses on April 1st 2009. :)

Mini...

ONLY $120? Try this; Resident Illinois, NR Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, oh yeah and Michigan....LOL About the same cost as a new truck!!!

Mini...

ONLY $120? Try this; Resident Illinois, NR Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, oh yeah and Michigan....LOL About the same cost as a new truck!!!:lol:

You can always do like I did, Serve 20+ years in the Military and become 90% Disabled and the state of Oklahoma will give you a free Liftime License for fishing and hunting. Then you show that to the City that you live in they will also give you a free Lifetime License Hunting/Fishing.:D

Greg,

I know your pain. This is licensing for basically one lake...lol

I have held licenses for Michigan, Ontario, Walpole, Ohio, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennesee, Florida, Alabama and Texas in one calander year before....

Heck Mini, you forgot Indiana and Teri's Cabin on Patoka......:lol:

I would love to fish Patoka. Maybe soon, hopefully before she sells the place!

Latest posts

Back