It's just another point of view...

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
"Roger that,...throttle UP!!"
bowofboat.jpg

Yep..gonna' have that kind of room with a view soon too!:)

Now if they could just figure out how to build a heating and air conditioning unit into that view along with an ice breaker for us northern guys we would be happy.

I just found out last nite that our "local lake" has thawed! Looks like I'll be at least wastin' fuel this weekend:)

No..it's not the new boat,..it's the one I'm selling TODAY at 11:15am!! Ordering my new one Sunday!! SWEEEET!!!!

No,...I'm getting another 520DVX Comanche with a Yamaha 225HPDI......520's are E-Z to sell!! (and it'll have the full S&T wrap of course,....identical to the FLW boat)

Yea Mac....save me one of those 520s when I'm ready to upgrade boats!!

Bob G.

Tox,..I'll be paying a little more for the Yamaha but it's not that big of a difference,..especially since the FLW boat and the diecasts will both have Yamaha's on them, it only made sense to put a Yamaha on my personal boat as well....that way,..I avoid any and ALL conflicts as far as PR/pixs/promotional efforts between motor companies down the road. Better to have one involved and get their FULL support, vs. trying to please 2 companies. It's as much of a business decision as it is a personal one.....frankly I have NO problems with MERC and loved my Opti,.....but the chance to be fully aligned with Yamaha (who sponsors BOTH the FLW and BASS,...where as Merc is BASS only) makes it easier on me both personally and professionally....and I'm all about making things easy!! LOL This business is hard enough as it is,..and then you through in politics and conflicts and it get's ugly in a hurry. Don't need that!!

..and with JD Powers rating Yamaha AND Ranger number 1 two years in a row (3 for Ranger),..I'm getting a GOOD deal..resale on Yamaha's is awesome....my 2004 boat will be a breeze to sell...as was my 2003 for that matter!!

Mac....a HPDI???????? What happened to Opti's? I love Mercs, but after running a few Yamies, I love them more! You're gonna love the response of that HPDI, gas mileage, reliability, and how quiet they are.

Now for trivia.....where is he in that pic???

My guess is the lower Detroit river heading out to Erie.

Hey Mac... how much does the boat wrap cost (general figure)? I've considered getting my website as my boat wrap, but I've heard 3-4000 bux. That's a LOTTA t-shirts :)

I have no idea how much it is Mike,.....haven't talked "numbers" with Ranger yet, but they'll take care of me....I'm doing a LOT for them this year...and they'll return the favor!!

sounds like it will be an awesome rig with the S&T wrap. The yammie is a great motor, the only thing i dont like about them is parts availability should something go wrong. A guy in my club waited for well over a month for a new lower unit for his 200 hpdi. He must have called yamaha about a dozen times or more and they told him its backordered. If it was a merc or johnny/rude or even a honda parts would have been there in a few days at most. Parts availability has been a problem for yamaha for years and it still contnuies to be. When i had my yamaha motorcycle it was the same way. Loved the bike but hated it when it broke, if an aftermarket part wasnt available i had to wait sometimes as long as months for simple common parts. When i dunped it for a honda all my parts problems went away.

Hey, I have an AUTOGRAPHED copy of that pic hanging on the service center bragging wall!

Any bids?!?!

Craig

The electrician uses a pullchain, the mechanic has to push start his car, and Mac has bare rod handles.

9 months to develop photos.....LOL

Digital my friend...Digital.

Those are digital pix's Marke.....I've had them for months,...just never got around to posting them until I got sick of reading about gay marriages!!..LOL!!! I want to go fishin'!!!!!

Gay marriages? Musta missed that one. Glad I did too! LOL

Rob hit the nail on the head you should see the pos I drive 85 t-bird turbo coupe, 189,000 wrecked left front corner,rust in drivers door, rocker panel and rear quarter. I have all the parts to fix it but after working with cars all day I hate to work on my own.

BF

Mac,

Ever fished Duck Lake or Green Lake? They are about and hour south of Elk and Torch...BTW sweet pics.

T.S.

Fish'em all the time Travis,....my in-laws live in Benzonia...so when I take my boat up there, I fish Crystal, Duck, Long, or GTB....usually Duck though...love it!!

Are you going to be up there over the 4th of July this year? We have tenative plans to be up there for a week in june/july. If you have any free time let me know.

T.S.

I'll be in PA. over the 4th.....Family reunion at my Brothers house!! Will be there from the 3rd-7th probably, then home for a few days then leave for Vegas the 13th (ICAST Show)...back home the 17th probably!! My 2 week July vacation is booked solid!! (I'll get up there sometime in May or June anyway)

Back