IT'S ABOUT TIME....!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
My life has been busy the past 4 months, and I've only managed to fish in an opening day tournament several weeks ago and then once in Mexico. Other than that I haven't been out since last year. But that all changed today.

Was up at 5:30...and on St Clair by 6:30...first time I had my boat out this year, and I could not have asked for a better day. Boat ran great....the water was like glass and the fishflies were all over the water....it was a topwater extravaganza.....!!!! The smallies looked like miniature whales breaching all over, gorging on fishflies.

I lost track at 27 fish....that was around 8:30...I was still poundin them at noon when I had to leave...killed em on topwater early and switched to wacky rigged senkos when the sun got higher...best one was 5.7...caught nothing under 2 lbs....it was absolutely amazing....I was literally talking to myself by midmorning asking what in the world I have done to deserve this....!!!!!

you went fishing on the right pond!

I am headed out after work....gonna throw only topwaters :)

Good luck Mini...hope your evening goes as well as my morning did...that was the most incredible morning of fishing I've ever had...!

I guess timing is everything...it certainly was not my talent....LOL

Tiny Torpedo:cool:

Twitch,Twitch....Twicth,Twitch BLAM !!!!!!!!

Unfortunately teh wind didnt cooperate.....

N 15 MPH blowing right over the flat I wanted to fish....only one topwater bite, 7 on jerkbaits, 2 on tubes, 2 on crankbaits...all in all pretty disappointing.lol

Mini......guess you'll just have to jump in the old Tracker and lemme show you a thing er two bout them smallies....LOL..

Sure! If you can get me outta my Ranger long enough...lol

Was out last night too...same wind, pretty much the same results....

Saturday they are calling for light and variable....

Just like Jimmy Houston says, "It will blow when its light out and it will vary on how hard it does!"

Back