Is this legitimate???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I received this email about my Nitro for sale. Something just doesn't seem quite right to me. Would you answer it?

Good day,

I a m Mr DAN,Representative of our company we purchase,Pick-up and

Deliver Automobiles,Aircrafts and boats for our

clients .One of our client who is a diplomat has indicated interest in

your boat.Please we would want to know if it's still availiable? And if

it's still,Send me:

(i)The final/bottom price of the boat.

(ii)The mileage on the scale.

(iii)Some photos of the boat for my client value viewing.

(iv)Why are you selling the boat?

The above questions are part of our company policy when purchasing

automobile and boat,So don't find it embarrasing to answer them.

Hope to read from you soon.Have a splendid day.

Thanks,

MGT.

Fax:870-137-5958

Web:http;//globalautomachine.s5.com

--

Definitely a scam....they will offer to send you a cashier's check for several thousand more than the selling price, then ask you to send the difference to a "relative".

Did you try that website,http;//globalautomachine.s5.com ? That's without a doubt a scam. My popup blocker went off the chart when I went there. RUN FOREST RUN !!!!

Harpo

I did go to the site and thought it was a scam. Thanks for agreeing.

Teri,

I have been involved in "baiting" scammers for quite a while...do you wanna have fun with these clowns?

If so, forward te e-mail to my "baiter" box and I'll CC you on the correspondence.

[email protected]

Teri, I've received aletter that was very simuler in nature for an older ford pick-up I had.

SCAM!!!

And no I didn't lose my pick-up!! LOL

MARK

..........CASHOLA ONLY..........

I always tell them to make the check out for cash and cash it before you get here to pick it up! Also we go to the county clerks office together and transfer it before it leaves the driveway. I sold an off road vechicle and it was totaled while the title was still in my name. I hate to be that harsh but my coworker that bought it, made me that way. This happened about two months after the transaction.

It could be real,,If they come with cash It's real....I got one on my ranger.Sounded like yours.They wanted me to come down on the price,I wouldn't... But they were for real...You can talk and It doesn't cost..If they agree and are willing to come to you with the money It's real....BUT there are alot of scams..Be careful...JR

If they dont bring cash like JR states.. walk away.. better yet run..

(ii)The mileage on the scale.

Send him that info... I'm curious myself. How many miles are on the "scale"?

Back