Is There A Water Separator on Merc 150

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Is there a water separator unit on the more recent (2000 on up) Mercury 150XR6 outboards? Or, would one be mounted inside the boat between the tank and the outboard?

I've had the cowling off, and see the fuel filter, but no water seperator on my TV-18.

If there is one, how often do you check/drain/change it? There is NOTHING in the manual about separators.

MO,

My 2001 XR-6 (mounted on 882) did not come with one, however, the seperator can be purchased from any Mercury dealer. I really don't see the need to add one (here in FL) as I try to keep the tank full when the boat is not in use to avoid condensation. I've had several Mercs and a Yamaha, none of which used a seperator and never had a problem. To me, just something else to fail. My opinion only.

Russ

I just wasn't sure if there was one I should be checking. The one's I've seen look like a standard oil filter on a bracket, although I suppose it's possible that they could be smaller or that new versions could look completely different than what I was looking for. If there isn't one, then I can let it go as a maintenance issue. Thanks, guys.

Bob, I'll give it some thought, but the access to the bilge area is very small. Installing one is going to be a BEAR, and I don't want one flopping around loose in the splashwell.

Latest posts

Back