insurance question

• Thread starter southernchamplain LMB
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
whats a good place to get boat insurance through and what would I plan on paying a year for a 2010 w/ a 225/250 on it thanks

I use BoatUS and have a Z9/250ProXS and pay around $425 annually... I have never needed to use the insurance so I am not sure how the claims process works first hand BUT I have heard nothing but GREAT things!

-Justin

Bob Luellen

Worldwide Marine Underwriters

800-339-1235

[email protected]

He is a sponsor over at Bass Boat Central. He has saved many people over there many dollars. Read through some of the posts there and see the recommendations those there have written on him. I plan to deal with him when I get ready to re-up my insurance.
http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/

Bob Luellen mentioned above is the best in the biz. You would be doing yourself a favor by calling Bob.

I have used BoatUS for the past two seasons for my 05 NX882 with a 150 Merc. I have heard nothing but GREAT things about this company and their service. My policy runs $287 per year. Last June I had an axle spindle break on the way home from a tournament (lucky not far from the marina & not on the highway) & had to have a flat bed tow me back. Within a week I had the reimbursement money for the towing charge & the approval for ALL the costs in replacing & upgrading the axle. They are excellent & will continue to get my business forever.

Check either BoatUS or your homeowners......BoatUS does have EXCELLENT service!!

I cannot say anything bad about BoatUS insurance. I have the angler package with unlimited towing for inland, international and great lakes waters. Runs me a little over $500 for the year and it covers tournament entry fees, trailer assist, towing and coverage for $25k for the boat/motor, $5k for the trailer....

I have had one towing claim and one engine claim and service was exceptional. 24 hours a day on a 800 number with local surveyors and towing comanies used.

I highly recommend them....

Mini tell a little more about tourney entry fee's. If I would enter FLW, bass champs or any other tourney they would re-turn my entry fee 100% or what percent?

Thanks,

Ace

Nice comments, I just put in for a quote to BOATUS. need insurance for the tournaments this year.

Ace,...they'll repay 100% of your entry fee if they cannot repair or replace your craft in time to enter the tourney...BUT,..I think there's a minumum time frame in the contract..like 2-3 weeks.....can't remember for sure. (i.e....you won't get your entry fee back if you get in an accident the night before a tournament!) I don't remember the details exactly,.....but it was fair and generous!!!

You have to be pre entered and I do think the time limit is days not weeks. I would have to check.

Hey guys, for some time now I have Progressive. Should I switch to BOATUS??? Never had to use my insurance, but I am wondering if I missed something.

Bubby:)

I am telling you guys......don't do ANYTHING without calling Bob Luellen. He is a tournament fisherman that specializes in Bass Boat coverage and knows what is needed. He smoked Boat US for me. I have only heard of one person he could not help. Please do yourself a favor.

I am telling you guys......don't do ANYTHING without calling Bob Luellen. He is a tournament fisherman that specializes in Bass Boat coverage and knows what is needed. He smoked Boat US for me. I have only heard of one person he could not help. Please do yourself a favor.

Whatever you guys decide to do about your insurance, I strongly suggest you acquire an umbrella policy and add the boat/cars/atv's/etc., to it. (At least $1 mil.) The standard, tourney-required $300K will almost certainly not be enough in case of a catastrophic loss and/or death. Unless you are a major risk, you will be very surprized how cheap a mil. annually is and gets cheaper as you increase the coverage. (I pay $225 annually for $2 mil. added coverage.) If you know anyone who's experienced such a tragedy, ask about their coverages and outcome after disaster. Just a thought. ;)

dchance, who does Bob deal with? Can he get the same added coverages that BoatUS does (towing in international waters/great lakes/inland, trailer assist, tournament entry fees, etc.)?

If not we are not comparing apples to apples.

Latest posts

Back