Insurance, new boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooltime Tim

Reaction score
I will take a ride tomorrow morning for the first time in my new 901 CDX DC. The weather calls for scattered thunderstorms, but i've been waiting for ten weeks for this boat and I will play this weekend rain or shine. Today I had to put Insurance on the boat. I opted for $35000 assesed value insurance for $361 per year from Progressive. Is this a reasonable rate?, It sounds great to me. This is my first financed boat. so I was thinking more in terms of a $35000 car.I will show pictures of the boat once I've seen it my self.

Thanks Tim:D

What deductable did u opt for and did you go for replacement value or agreed hull value? I have progressive on my TR186 and went with replacement value, 500.00 deductable, 300,000 lib. , med. coverage, increased towing coverage, ect.... and I think my prem. is just under 400.00 per yr. This is the first time with Prog. for me, I had been with Boat US for about 10 yrs. never put a claim in and their rates just kept jumping every yr, so I made the switch.. Next yr if progresive keeps thier rates about the same I will stay with them.. But I also just heard from my Alstate Agent ( house insurance ) that they will be writing replacement value poilcys very soon. So that may be an option also. I tried Gieco for the boat and the rate was a joke.. odd, I have been with them for 9 yrs for car insurance and no-one can touch the rate and coverage I have with them....

Agreed value at $35000. $100 deductible, minimum on liability and anything to do with me doing damage. $500 towing coverage. I have progressive for my vehicles and its been good.

I think this is a good price. Ijust needed to here it from someone else. Thanks Tim.

Back