instrument cluster

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Smith3

Reaction score
my problem is that my 2003 640 lx has all the writing rubbed off the switches so i have no idea when certain ones are set on, off, or auto because you push them in both directions, also next to the throttle there is a dial that says empty and auto any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

On the switches, can you at least tell which is the livewell vs. lights vs. accessories etc.? Even if not, you should be able to tell when the boat is in the water. Put the running lights in (front and rear) and then test each switch. If its a light switch, the "ANC" or anchor position will light up only the rear pole. The "RUN" or running position for the light will illuminate front and back lights. For the livewell, either "on" position will turn on the pump. The "AUTO" position will shut off after a few minutes and cycle back on. The "MAN" or manual position will just keep the pump running. As for the dial, "auto" is what you need to set it to when you are running the livewell to allow water to enter and recirculate. "EMPTY" is for when the livewell is off and you want to drain the tank.

Topwater - I have a 700lx, same dash, here you go:

I have a '99 700lx here is what you need to know:

1. Slide swith that you can have on empty or full: That controls the livewell. Basically Empty allows the drain in the livewell to stay open to drain, and Auto switches the drain closed and allows when you use the livewell fill in Auto (more on that in a minute) to recirculate the water in the livewell.

2. The Switches on the dash:

- The upper RIGHT is the HORN,its a push button

- The lower RIGHT is the lights switch (Mine says NAV/ANC) press the top NAV and it puts on both lights (Front and Rear) and press it down ANC it only puts the rear light on.

- The upper LEFT is BILDGE, its a push button to turn on the bilge pump out

- The lower LEFT is LIVEWELL (MAN/AUTO), Press the top MAN and it pumps water from the lake into the livewell and stays ON until you switch it back to the center/off. Press the bottom AUTO and it recirculates the water already in the livewell (I think its like runs 1 minute on then off for 3 minutes and then 1 minute on...).

Back