In the market for a new boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hinton

Reaction score
I have been wanting to move up from my 640lx to bigger boat for a while now. Just by the stroke of luck I have someone willing to pay what I am asking for my boat. I should have the check in the naxt day or so. Now I was a little upset with Notro with my last purchase and through some of the boards I got things straightened out. So BPS here in Hampton has a Single Console 882 for sale with a 150Opti with a 1000.00 rebate. Any imput on this. The 150Opti though Under powerd on the boat will be plenty for me. And with the prices of fuel im happy to stay a little small on the motor size. How will the boat fish compaired to my 640lx?

It'll fish big. You'll love it. but don't underpower it. There are more issues than MPG. Upgrade the TM......I'm thinkin of more.......

TOXIC

I have an 882 and it fishes very nice. The 150 is not underpowered for that rig at all. From what i hear the 175 dosent offer that much more in terms of performance over the 150.

Accroding to the websight I should see 63-64 MPH from the factory. Now I know every boat is ddifferent and set up plays a factor. How much you think Ill get with a 6 inch Jackplate and the proper prop on it and set up right?

I really liked my 882, it will be huge compared to you're 640. I would suggest upgrading to a larger trolling motor and hydraulic steering.

i have the 05' 882 with a 150 merc this boat is not under powered maybe you should test drive one get the hot foot and steering column trim you will need and love those two accesories my boat runs 60 mph @ about 5500 rpm gps but motor still needs to be lifted atleast 1/2 inch more as for the trolling motor i have the pro 70 motorguide and if you are on high its hard to stay on your feet how fast do you guys wanta go?

you should be able to see low 60's with that boat if its setup right. I have a 150 XR6 on mine and i can get 63 out of it fully loaded and a half tank of gas. I have done some prop work and motor height playing with mine to get that speed. I do run my boat heavy with a lot of gear in it so the speed i get is pretty good. Stock it could barely crack 60 with all my junk. I think when Nitro gets those numbers they test the boats with a very light or zero load in them, mine is much faster with nothing in it. how you load it makes a big difference. As far as the Trolling motor goes i have a Minnkota Maxx pro 80 on mine and it powers the boat great.

Back