In-Hull Transducer mounting?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Theys2

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck installing a transducer inside the fiberglass hulls?

I have a new tahoe Q4 that I would like to install one inside the hull, but don't know what kind of sucess I would have. I am specifically looking at the Lowrance X67c model fishfinder with transducer.

On my 189 sport it is mounted in the splashwell area in the rear of the boat. There is an access cover you can pry open with a screwdriver to gain access to the bilge pumps, and the through hull xducer. Its just epoxied to the hull and is level. Hope that helps

Mine is installed in the hull on my 929 and it works fine. I used some 2 part marine epoxy and it's solidly mounted in the bilge. All the installation instructions will be in the manual so just follow them and you will be fine.

The x67c has a " Low-profile high-performance 200 kHz Skimmer

Yeah, temp is not really a problem for me. I was really just looking at a flaher for depth, but they run about $150 for a digital one and you still have the same transducer mounting problem. I would rather pay 100 more for the color screen and fishfinder.

The question I have is really if there will be a problem epoxing the transducer in the area adjacent to the bilge pump and have problems gettting a signal through the hull. Really I don't know if there is a solid floor inside the tahoe or not.

Back