Impeller lasted less than a year....?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avery Gilliland2

Reaction score
My 2005 175 Optimax gave me a long beep after i had come off plane and was idling in to the boat ramp this past weekend. Bass Pro/OKC Tracker Marine said drop it off and we will change out your impeller cause it is overheating. They just changed out the impeller last May.:blink: My boat sat in the garage from end of October to the first of April with no use at all and Tracker said that is hard on the impeller and will deform the impeller which causes the problem. Not questioning Tracker, just frustrated. If it is anything else it will be covered by warranty, thank goodness. :) Gilly

I'm with you on the :blink:.

Most impellers I can think of are made of Nitrile and are designed for prolonged use, both in AND out of the water. If you've gone through two in a year something's up. If you fish shallow, or more importantly start your engine in shallow water, you could be just chewing it up with debris running through it, or clogging occasionally, causing premature burnout inside the housing. (If this is the case, make sure you check your block thermostats with the 'peller change and change pump housing. You'll be glad you did. ;) ) It would be worth the time to visually inspect the parts or possibly they'll let you watch the de and re. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back