I'm learning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Well today wasn't a great day on the water...i caught the only 3 fish. All were small...biggest was about a pound and a half.

Today i learned something.

Honestly...the last couple of years i've gotten caught up in the tourny "hype". I want everything to go smooth. ANd i've allowed myself to get upset over real small things. Today on the water my dad and took a buddy from our church. He likes to fish but only gets to go a couple times a year. He really enjoined himself today. even tho the two fish he had on got off and we didn't catch a ton. He didn't let anything get him down. TOday was a fun day. We got hung up, the boat hit a couple of stumps. A few things didnt go our way. Everyonce in a while I'd feel that part of me that was wanting to get upset because of something and the i just reminded myself how nice it was to be out on the water.

Over the last couple of years i guess i've really taken my fishing for granted (SP, not my best subject in school). Today i realized i jsut need to relax. There is nothing wrong with wanting perfection in a tourny (not necissarily catching fish...but the boat staying clean and everything going well)

HAVE FUN AND RELAX!

Ahh young grasshoppa, you are learning.

A bad day on the water beats most anything.

Carlos

My two borhters and myself just got back from a fishing trip into the Gulf around Marsh Island yesterday. We caught only 3 flounders, one gaff top catfish and a crab, but we had a ball. Talking men talk, bull sh--ing, laughing and just being guys. It would have been nice to catch alot of red fish or specks, but we caught and we had fun. Like they say, one bad day fishing is better than almost anything else.

Barry

I agree that people who fish tournaments are often ticked off by us normal guys who just appreciate fishing in general. I guess we all need to sit back and smell the roses at times. There are no rules that say we must go fishing.....

I really enjoy pleasure fishing after years of tourny fishing. With pleasure fishing, I can pick and chose when I fish, who I fish with, what I fish for, and when I start and stop. I can enjoy a 17 1/2 boat with a 115 HP and not feel that I have to maintain a big rig to be competitve. As a positive, th years of tourny fishing taught me sooooooo much about bass, bass boats, and bass fishing, that it makes my present day fishing a pleasure. They both were/are good for me. For the record, if I lose a nice fish, I can still get p*ssed off, I just don't think about it as something that cost me the tournament and brood about it all day.

Da Bear

Da Bear

Back