Im back from vacation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Smith

Reaction score
My dad and i went to duck lake in interlochen. one word for ya....wow!!!!!!! Awsome fishery. The first day we went was last sunday and we caught about 15 fish on a windy crappy rainy day. Caught mine on topwater and dad caught his on a lizard.

Then dad had to go back home sunday noght and work this week and he came back up thursday night.

We went fishin on Friday and caught about 20 fish between 4 people...not bad for fun fishin. Caught mine (all 10 of 'em on a yammamoto senko) and every body else caught theirs on plastic worms.

Saturday we caught about 25 fish between 5 people on the same lake. Once again i caught about 12 fish on yammamoto senko's and everyone else on plastic worms on lizards.

On Sunday (today) 3 people went out and we caught about 30 more fish on lizards craws and guess what SENKO'S. We caught some big fish nothing under 12 inches and the biggest be a 3 lb smally and the average size was about 2 lbs (mine on a SENKO).

We got pics but the camera needs to be developed so i will post them at a later date.

T.S.

All together a great weekend

Sounds like great fun!

I'm curious...What method did you use on your senko's? Twiching them slowly beneath the surface? carolina rig? Texas rig?

I have yet to try them and I think I'm about to order some.

Duck Lk. is one of my favorites,...I'll be up t here this next saturday! Going up there for my wife's family reunion.

They live 20mins from the lake. They live by Crystal Lk. and that lake has some super-toad smallies in it,..but they're easier to find in Duck!!..LOL Glad you had a good time,..that's what it's all about!! Did you find the sunken island/humps in Duck?? There's 2 of them that I fish all the time!! GREAT spots!!!

Mac

Mac we found them and fished them a lot but we could only get the toad rock bass to hit.

We fished the point at the south end of the lake and there is a flat about 14 ft deep to the north of it a couple hundred yards. That is where we caught fish along with the drop off in front of the boat launch and in front of the music camp all the way until that big point that sticks out to the north of the camp.

Most of our fish came on the drop offs in deeper water and weeds...if we were in weeds we caught fish if not we did not catch a thing. At one time we were catching fish in 32 ft of water. But the majority like i said was in the 14 ft range.

Mac there are also two little humps to the south of the state park. One of them is located in front of a log cabin in about 14 ft of water then another on is a little farther to the south located in front of a white house in 17 ft of water.

Mike as for my technique I used: I used a 3/0 Gamakatsu hook unweighted and would cast it out and let it sink. If you pulled up and felt weight you better be setting the hook because the fish were on your bait. I rarely got a bite when the worm was coming back to the boat so they were hitting it on the initial fall of the bait.

T.S.

I also went through about 20 dollars in senko's that were my dads. I used Green Pumpkin Seed and a Cinnamon color

Back