Ike and van damage boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
They are both for sale on ebay, ikes Ranger for 38000, and Kevin's Nitro for 48000......Not to mention they are probly so beat up........Would you guys pay this much for a pro's used Boat?

Contrary to popular belief, most "team" guys do not beat their boats. Their boat is how they make a living, and it has to work properly for them to succed.

Craig

As many "Hard Hours" that they have prob put on their T/M and Main Motor I would not pay that much for "Any" Used Boat. $48 Grand for a Nitro? If I had $48,000, I would look into a "Brand Spanking new" Z-Series Ranger.

My .02

Max <><

Would it be safe to assume they both get "free rides" from thier sponsers? If they are a free boats for them, now way I would buy it for that much. I would of thought they had sold them by now. The classic is about a month away, I fugured they would have secured buyers already so they could setp into their new rigs.

40K rigs I think wouldn't be sellin' too well with the economy the way it is:huh:

They are doing it for charity along with Takahiro Omori and Davy Hite. I bet they haven't really even been used much at all. The big deal is to buy it, know some of the money is going to a useful cause and get a tax write-off while looking like a swell guy.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

You still write-off the entire $40 large. Putting it all in perspctive, zero dollars of what I give to Vegas goes to charity ... ;)

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

They do not get free boats. Specific deals are specific to the angler. Their celebrity status is what drives the re-sale price up. Is it any wonder they have a waiting list? I've seen Woo with 4 or 5 at once due to TX wins and such.

TOXIC

Hmm.. Considering the 2006 Nitro 911 is the highest priced Nitro bass boat in the catalog at $38,000 - new, not broke in, not towed around the country...

$10,000 is alot of extra options........... I don't even think adding a Verado would push it to $48,00.00

Kevin is a great fisherman and nice guy but I'm sorry - there's no way a used boat is worth $10,000.00 more than the same boat new!!!!

Folks are looking at this as "another" used boat. LOL

These are far from that. Knowing KVD, his boat was probably used a few times (after proper breakin) and then put up for charity auction. Remember this IS for charity. If you want a real deal, buy elsewhere.

And yes the top level pro's have to keep their rigs in good shape. They make a living out of it (and for some off of it). Some angler's do get to keep the proceeds from a boat sale (not sure how it workes out for these charity boats). I said SOME.....only the top level in the sport (and I still dont consider Ike @ that level).

Mini

Also, re. the higher price tag...That boat probably has a verado hangin off the back.

Craig

Back