IGOTABOAT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendell Little

Reaction score
Finally, I got a boat. No, not just a boat but my 1st boat. It's not a Tracker or even a Nitro but it's a boat and it's MINE. I'm so jazzed! It's a 98 Lowe 180 with Johnson SPL 90hp. Garaged kept, low hour, no scratchs/dings/rips/tears anywhere. On the test ride, we ran 45mph per speedo. Got some extras and a rust free, ugly as sin, galvanized trailer. Price was so low I feel like I stole it. Didn't even make a lower counter offer. Wendell

That is a very nice first boat, Wendell!

youregonnahavealottafunwithit!

Congratulations!

me!

P.S. Be very safe this holiday weekend..... There will be a lot of crazies on the water.....

I'll tell ya' them ol' Johnsons is just as trusty as a Merc if not more. If I had my druthers...that'd be it. Sounds like you got a good un ;) Now GO FISH!

TEE

Great job Wendell and welcome to the on-the-water family! Hey, i'll trade you my PURDY painted Tracker trailer for that " rust free, ugly as sin, galvanized trailer" anyday. One of my regrets 4 years ago still is not getting galvanized. Sure the painted looks better when trailering but who CARES! I loved my old galvanized when I had a jon boat, no maintenance (other then tires/bearings) and salt/brackish water - no sweat!

Good luck and get some pics up!

Wendell,

Is that the same one from Boattraderonline.com?

Congrats! I had a Lowe 180w with a 50hp Yamaha and I really liked it. I only got rid of it because everyone else wanted to ski and tube.

Yes Greg, it's the same boat you turned me onto. Many, many thanks. Ill buy ya beer or two or three in appreciation. Photos will be forthcoming. Weather here in Georgia has not/will not be the best for awhile. Something about lightning/water/metal boat makes me a wee bit skeeard. No what I mean. Any way, thanks for all for help/support. Gotta go, the boss just returned home and we're gonna put it in the river.

Congratulation on your first boat. I am in the process of getting my first boat ready to sell. It isn't even in the came class as my Tracker Pro Deep V, but...up until the day my wife suggested getting a new boat, I loved that boat. I made some small improvements and enjoyed every moment in that boat.

You are creating memories every outing. Enjoy.

Not to tell you how to run your boat... the SPL is a NON-OIL INJECTED motor. I had a 115spl and the dealer (used) told me about checking the oil tank to make sure it was using oil, etc. He told me it had a little bit of oil left in the tank.

So, I go and buy me some oil and put it in before my next trip... umm... well, drove it over there and after he looked it over, he finally decided he couldn't find the oil tank and asked his partner where it was on that boat. They finally agreed that SPL motors don't have oil injection.

I learned something that day :). I just don't want you to not realize that it's not oil-injected in case you bought from the same place :).

Congrats!!!

Sorry "our deal" couldn't work out. Hopefully when my wife allows me to bigger/ more powerful I can find a buyer as fast. Just my post about being interested in selling my 175 got three emails...LOL.

Have fun.

Well congrats Wendell... THat makes my day... I am very glad to have been a part of you finding your first boat... Now remember, a boat is a big hole in the water that you are expected to pour money into... So, if you have to start spending money do not tell your wife that I had anything to do with it... I have my own troubles...LOL

Congrats Wendell,

I looked at those boats a few years back.Nice boats.

Just happened to run across a deal on this one first.

Steve

Back