If you could change one thing about yout Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Bell2

Reaction score
If you could change one thing about your Nitro what would it be?

I'll start the list with this:

- I would like to see rod and tackle orginizers as standard feature on the NX 750.

On the 911cdc, get rid of the hump/rise in the floor between the seats and front deck.

Overall, better wiring and connectors.

Cheap plastic consoule parts seperated from fiberglass. Metal bands holding in gastank pull loose.

fatrap

The wood on the deck and transom makes me nervous.

Harpo

Although I don't have a boat now, I've owned two.....

The trailers.....

Channel frame. LED lights. Treated wood for the bunks.

On the 9 series i'd like to see integrated switches, kinda like the Skeeter zx series. A Dual tank concept. And do something with the tube steel trailer. I have heard there is something new for there trailers, just not sure what it is.

Not a Nitro...but

The only thing I don't like about my TV-18 is that the compartment lids are not water-tight.

az

I'd like to change the numbers from an 896 to a 929 and from 200 Xr6 to a 250 Opti. Maybe add one of those nice options we saw a few days ago...naw, the wife would never go for that one. LOL

Gene

I have a list i could put but if only one thing i would say ditch the tube frame trailer and go with a c channel frame, torsion axles would be nice too. All the other thigs i didnt like on my nitro have been changed by me.

Pat are they coated or galvanized on the inside too? Thats where all the problems start.

*Better wiring harnass

*Water tight lids

*Channel frame trailer

*Numbers for 929 are not very durable against rubbing against docks and other things.

I know it is more than one, but I still love my 929.

JimB, I think what he was looking for is what you have changed too. After all, we don't buy boats to fix stuff. Yes, we do some customization, but not repairs.

Mike i havent really "fixed" much on my boat other then things like failed pumps and the like and leaf springs and bunks on the trailer this year. Overall its been a pretty reliable boat.

Everything i have done is an upgrade over factory or an addition that could have been had as an option had i purchaced new, some i think should be standard like upgraded wireing for accessories and speed clips on the windshields instead of screws that fall out. Things i have done are stuff like like replacing the factory motorguide crap with a minnkota maxxum, upgrading the battery charger, better electronics, adding a hot foot and wheel trim, adding a radio and speakers, adding a pumpout, rodbuckles, boat buckles on the trailer etc.

If I could change one thing about my Tracker it would be (besides having more $$ to get more power!!!) ....

NOTHING!!!

That's simple, I'd change the time it spends on the water!!!

Seriously though, I would find a way to loose the whole stepped hull crap and find a design that would run better on top end and get out of the hole better.

Step up to the plate and put in modular consoles so we can fish from a single and sell a dual.

All in all, I have no complaints. I left Ranger for my 929 and wouldn't go back! Very happy with this boat.

Chad L. Dwyer

Things I would change on my Targa 17 WT

1. Sliding pilot seat

2. courtesy lights

3. watertight lids

4. all the storage lids had locks

5. recirculator on livewell

minor things, but the first 2 and the recirculator were on my ProV combo.

reputation...lower cost of ownership by having a better resale value.

Add rod and tackle organizers: Increase max engine size to 200 hp. (Avalanche)

OK Firebird i'll agree with all your's, that's true on my PC 175, but i'd kind of like them as options given the price it might take to make them standard. I know this TOO costs more in labor/planning so it's not realy possible. but id pay for ALL Lids water proof and locking (by the way i've been a bunch of brands that are 3-10 years old that ALSO leak and are not locking). But for a non T-fisherman like me, don't need the recirc cost on the livewell or the sliding seat personaly. Heck my 5lb13oz LM stayed alive in my livewell for about 5 hours with no problem, but that was NOT in the heat of summer.

Trep

Jim B -

I've watched them treat bare metal on automobile bodies prior to painting. (In a former life, as a vendor, I was on the Paint Quality Committee at Ford's Hazelwood Assembly Plant.) The bodies are run through several electrolysis dips of corrosion resistant coatings that bind with the metal similar to galvanizing. They get every nook and cranny in the metal.

(When was the last time you saw a rust-bucket of a car like we used to drive when we were kids?!!?)

(Hey Harpo! Remember how the 240Z's used to rust over the wheel wells?!!? You shoulda seen the floor boards of my MGB and the side rails of my TR-3!! Ah... Those were the good old days!)

I belive that galvanizing is a dipping process as well which would include the interior of the rails.

Two Thumbs Way Up, Tracker Marine!!

me!

Yes they are treated INSIDE and out it is called Galva-shield.

It will stop the rust issue....Tube trailers are stronger than channel trailers they just have a rust issue and now that has been put to rest...A major improvement!

Now..... About running the wiring harness inside the trailer where there is so much moisture that the connections corrode.....

Tracker Marine -

How about simply "ventilating" the rails to promote interior drying! Every foot or so, on the underside of the frame, cut a 1" diameter hole. (Before the galva-shield process, of course!) Do this on all rails including the cross members. Any water left inside will easily drain out and air will circulate while driving home; moisture won't stay and destroy the wiring. The strength and integrity of the frame will remain.

me!

On the Nitros - the seats. This is one area that turned me away from buying an 882. They sit too high (for me anyway), it just wasn't comfortable.

My Tracker - I'm with Andy - I HATE drying out all my compartments after fishing in the rain, waterproof these!

Snowcone,

I disagree, you need that hump to push your feet upagainst to hold you in your seat when it gets rough out.

Bruce, Agree totally!!! Seats are like me sitting on phone books and they are too close to the consoles. My wife, who has longer legs then I, has problems sitting in the drivers seat.

I also like the seats that are in the Ranger (ok do nto thrash me for that comment).

Knees hit under the console.... course, I have an '01 and they may have already fixed the seats already.

Carlos

M

Back