Ideas for a tool holder?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Anybody got ideas on where to buy something that would hold my pliers and snips in place on the boat? I usually just toss those on the front deck but there's got to be a better way, especially when underway (I usually stow them in a compartment then)! There's plenty of blank real estate on the side of the driver's console to mount something that will hold a pair of pliers and some snips - but what to use that will secure them while running, but allow access while fishing?

I use a small plier pouch (ment for a belt) from sears that is zip tied to my seat pole.

BF

I use one that is attached to my seat pole bought from northern bass N.H,about $12.oo dollars fits pliers,:cool: drink and fish formula

KEN COOK HAS A NICE TOOL KIT, SOUNDS JUST LIE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

http://www.kencookoutdoors.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=75:unsure:

You can do what I've done many more times than once Jim, especially after I've lost a lure. Reach down and grab the end of your line with one hand; grab a new lure with the

other hand and tie your lure onto the line. Now, do what I've done too may times.

Pull the knot tight, throw your pliers into the water, and keep your lure in the boat:angry::huh::unsure::lol::lol:

Uncle Billy

I usually just let my pliers go on the boat deck right under my seat so when I swing around and around I still can't find them. As for snips, I use a pair of large fingernail trimmers that I keep on a lanyard around my neck. They never get away from me that way...

"Reach down and grab the end of your line with one hand; grab a new lure with the

other hand and tie your lure onto the line. Now, do what I've done too may times.

Pull the knot tight, throw your pliers into the water, and keep your lure in the boat"

I know that is not funny, but that is funny:lol::lol:

HA UB!!!!!

I have been known to throw stuff into the water at times too.

Jim, try the tool pocket you can velcro onto your seat pole. I have a set like that on both my front and back seat poles.

The only time I use my seat is if the water is too rough to stand one one foot while trying to run the TM, it stays stowed away in a compartment. I like the idea of mounting it on the console with two stipulations: the leather above the pouch needs to be high enough that you don't scratch up the console putting the pliers back in and you would need a way to secure them in place when running, you don't want to end up with a set of needdle nose pliers in your face. A flap that would snap up out of the way and snap down for running. But of course, that might be as much trouble as putting them away before you crank up.

Jim, I was just at Sears and they have a leather pouch made for a belt that is $4.50.

Jim, Rapala makes a nice plastic magnetic kit that I mounted to the the angled front deck on my pt175. There is a partial picture in my library, rick

I got a couple cheap cell phone holders and modified em for just this purpose. probably invested less than $5

I wear my Leatherman on my belt, and it's usually all I need. I keep a backup, cheapie multi-tool in a car organizer pouch near the throttle.

I put a Roger's Handie-Hold-It's SS hoseclamp through a double plier tool pouch, then tighten that clamp around each seat pole. The pouch holds needlenose pliers, dikes, a hook file, hemostats, and braid blades tucked under the seat, out of the way. I use the pouches with a velcro strap between the handles to keep tools in place during rough rides. It keeps all the tools I need close, plus a cold Coke and bait dip. Here's a pic and a link.

tool kit.JPG

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_15978____SearchResults

I have the same one in the link that Dan provided. Works great, had mine for 4 years.

But specifically for pliers I use a Leatherman tool with the belt pouch so they are handy all the time.

Latest posts

Back