I think it was a good deal???

• Thread starter tightline 700lx
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tightline 700lx

Reaction score
Just bought a 2001 Nitro 700LX for $5K. It has 90hp Mercury Motor, ballistic stainless steel propeller, motor guide trolling motor (43lbs) thrust, Gold & White in color, well maintained, serviced regularly, 2 depth finders, aerator, bilge pump, covers and all bait containers, 2 trolling batteries & 1 cranking battery, and never used in salt water.

Is that a good deal or not???:unsure:

I would check NADA but the if the boat is sound and the engine runs well with good compression and your happy with it, sounds even better!

Good luck with it and get us a picture or two!

Randy!

Here is what she looks like...

Nitro Boat10.jpg

WOT the speedo says Im going 55 but Im guessing around 48...

Congrats on your nitro, happy fishing and boating, its a good deal if you are happy with the boat

It looks like you got a pretty nice boat there. Congrats!

If it is in good shape it sounds good to me, looks like a nice clean rig.

Nothing wrong with that deal....now go fishing and enjoy it!! Looks like a nice rig.

Most of the time, the person buying the item is the one that needs to judge it a 'good deal'. Obvsiouly you have, and as others have said - go Fishing! Enjoy!

:D

Tex

Tightlines - great looking boat! Let me know how you like the ballistic prop, I kept debating on trying one, but never got around to it. let me know what pitch it is.

I've had my '99 700lx DC for 4.5 years and LOVE IT! Here's mine, can't wait to get her back in the water again, been too busy and too darn cold!

Trep

Magnum and Nitro small.jpg

Looks like a nice clean boat tightlines and the price seems good too! Now get out and enjoy it.:)

Trepper, why don't you finish the moat around that castle and then heat the water? You could go fishing anytime you wanted then?:p:lol::lol:

Uncle Billy

It looks like a cherry ride!! $5K for a clean, tight rig like that was a great deal in my mind. ENJOY!! :D

Very nice! 43 lb was the standard TM for the 700/750 I think. You might find that a bit light for the boat depending on your wind/wave action. I did on my 750, upped to 55 lb, but now I'm going to execute an all out assault against KS winds ... upping to a 101 lb MK. If I get the desired results, then the smallies in Coffeyville ought just wave their white flags and jump in the boat.

ahh Uncle Billy - I'd have to get a guburment permit to trench and re-route the creek behind the house!!! LOL

And Tightline enjoy!

Thanks for all of your replys... Yes I found out that I love this boat this weekend because I was out in it three days.

I have a 71 lb trust on order right now and plan to put that on soon... the 43 is too small for the high current rivers I fish in down here in florida.

Trepman:

The Ballistic Prop is great in my opinion but I don't have much to compair that to and I think it is a 23 pitch

Question:

Do any of you have issues with the boat wanting to turn to the left when first getting on plan???

Occasionally, and I mean rarely, my 750 wants to do that, but the minutist trim adjustment fixes it. I don't know for sure because it happens so rarely, but i tend to think it is a weight distribution thing, when the gas tank is full at just the right level to cause an out of balance situation. That, or the stars are out of alignment.

You can't beat a nice looking $5k boat. Enjoy!!

Tightlines - The Turning left is it while GETTING on plane or once up on plane? obviously when going WOT and getting on plane you are feeling torque steer of the propeller turning, and our boats don't have Hydraulic steering so it sometimes feels like its pulling hard left, once you trim up and am on plane it should get smooth/easy.

Yeah Trepman, I think that must be it because it only happens when I frist hit the gas and as I get on plane and trim it out it goes away... Im use to a smaller engine and smaller boat so I never had that issue. I guess its called "torque steer"

My neighbor was driving the Nitro 750 I used to have and decided to let go of the steering wheel when coming of full throttle. We about did a 360 and he nearly pissed himself. He never drove my boat again because it didn't have "good steering". Lol!

Back