I think I'm going to go to a larger boat

• Thread starter Mark Hofman [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/3
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
What do you think something like this would run?

How big of a trolling motor, and should I upgrade the wiring to handle 36 volts?

The depth finder is good, and it's got radar, and the fishing equipment, I've been told, is a blast.
NewBoat.jpg

I even tried out the driver's seat, and it felt really good.
MissouriAdmiral(Not).jpg

And those pesky water fleas wouldn't be a bother either. There's equipment to take care of those who don't mind their manners (like a couple a CIWS guns, and some Tomahawk box launchers).

Is that a #8 hat I see on your head? If it is You Rock Man!!!! LOL

T.S.

BTW I dont think you will have to worry about Jet Ski's or any other type of craft less that 200 feet long not carrying any weapons 40 MM or bigger. LOL

T.S.

MO, Check Ebay.....I see these on there every once in a while..........

Happy Bidding.

JP

And of COURSE it's NOT fiberglass!!! LOL

Travis:

No, its a St. Louis Cardinals cap. And THEY rock!

JP:

I lost the bid to some preservation society that said they would provide berthing, maintenance, tours and ideal weather. I couldn't beat that offer.

TOX:

I've never had a full beard. I did have a goatee once, a long time ago.

Trep:

The armor belt around the "Citadel" (conning tower), was THICK. Inside, there was only room for three people, one of whom drove the boat. It was designed to withstand a direct hit from a sixteen-inch shell. 'course you'd be deaf from the impact, but THAT'S where I'd want to be stationed.

INTERESTING FACT:

The 1930's-era computer on board the New Jersey-class BB's (this was the Missouri), could factor in speed, wind, the ships roll, heave and pitch, the humidity and air temperature, and fire a round that weighs as much as a Volkswagen beetle 25 MILES and hit within 50 yards of the desired point of impact. In a volley of 100 rounds, the ship could stand 25 miles off the coast of Oahu and drop every single round into Aloha Stadium (where the NFL Pro Bowl is played).

And that's 1930's era technology!!!

I'd perfer BB61 the first of the "Iowa Class" Battleships. My little brother's helocopter was on it for a while when the Iowa was active in the early 90ties. I have a ballcap and a bottle of Iowa Ale.

fatrap

Oops, you're right.

I'm building a 1/350 scale model of the New Jersey to go with my 1/350 U.S.S. Enterprise CVN-65. For some reason, I had "New Jersey" in my brain.

They are IOWAs.

Back