I should introduce myself

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dear

Reaction score
I have been reading all the posts for the last couple of weeks. It has really helped me with my new (used Nitro 170DC) Boat that i just bought. I just wanted to thank everybody for there info & introduce myself.

I'm a 30 year old father of 2. I have been fishing all my life but pretty much from shore.

I finally bought a boat....can't believe it took me so long. My kids are 6 & 18 months so unfortunatly i can't fish everyday but hope to get out at least twice a week. I live in Rochester NY (yes i'm a Yankee) Hopefully you guys & gals won't hold that against me. I'll be fishing all the local Lake Ontario Bays & the finger lakes.

I've already recieved some great info from Al on Honeoye lake & hope to pick his brain some more before the season is over (thanks AL).

It is finally warming up a little here so hopefully the fishing will turn on. Again i appreciate everyone's help & look forward to talking to all of you.

Thanks,

Steve D:)

Welcome Aboard :) . While stationed in "Nawlins" a few yrs ago, a local fellow there told me he considered anyone living north of I-10 a Yankee. :blink:

Welcome Steve......its a great site with great people.

Friday afternoons are a bit slow around here, I guess everyone is fishing.

Wolf

Hey Steve,

Welcome! Wow, twice a week? I hope to get out twice a month this year!

Rich D

Welcome !!

I'm a transplanted Yankee, now a Redneck!!! LOL Jersey to Indy to Chicago to Indy to Houston to Atlanta!!! LOL

Those little ones will SOON be your fishing partners!!

Waterwings...that ain't true...just ask wolfee....it's anyone who lives north of I 20 that's a yankee.

RW

I live north of I-10, only 20 miles though.

I-20 would make a pretty good line.....LOL, but then we would have to call Harpo a yankee.

Wolf

Hello there..I'll drink to the new member.....JR:D

Steve, Welcome aboard! Those Honeyoye largemouth will be biting soon at both ends of that lake. The weeds will just be coming up and the fish will migrate to the weeds especially the south end (end opposite of where the launch is. I think they still charge $4 to launch) Try a 3/8 oz. black/blue jig and you won't go wrong. Also during the summer months the topwater bite will be hot on spooks and Pop-R's. I still have some buddy's there so give me a shout and I'll tell you what they are biting on. Anyway, welcome to the site there are a bunch of good folks to talk too..........Al.

I try to be a little more politicly correct...instead of saying "Yankee" I prefer to call them "Frosted Americans".:lol:

Welcome aboard, Steve.

JR, you'll drink to anything.:lol:

Harpo

Welcome aboard from another Yankee !(NH) and also a father of two, 6yrs and 18 mths! I get out twice a week with my oldest son,Cant beat it! this is a great place for all kinds of info and some very nice people!:)

Welcome aboard...

Don't be impressed that you got a toast out of JR... He bought one of those 365 Holidays a year calendars to justify the after dinner (and after lunch and after breakfast) "toasts"... (j/K)

You will like the place and the people more... as time passes... Just don't expect a level of mental health or behavior much above 6th ot 7th grade... This place rocks if someone tells a good body noise joke!

Oh yeah... a word to the wise don't crack any coullotte jokes or JarJar Binks jokes around Trepper he is real sensitive... And, Ken Neeley is positively frightening on a web cam and scared of black flies.... Don't give Teri your boat keys... I can't hold onto a digital camera around water... Toxic is just that... Let's see whose little dirty dark secret have I forgotten... Well, actually lots of them... so hang around and learn them all...:wacko:

NYSteve, Welcome from the midnight shift, good to have you!

Steve Hutson (TNSteve)

Welcome NYSteve,

Here in LA (Lower Alabama) anyone in Hotlanta (Atlanta) or farther north is a Yankee. Of course anyone from Florida is also a Yankee... No wonder they lost the war here - they were surrounded to begin with!

I'm a transplanted redneck-wanna-be and have two sons of my own. They came into this world a little closer than yours - a week shy of 13 months apart!

I see that no one told you about (key dramatic music) "The CURSE"! :huh: Every morining before noon you must login and post in Bill Barham's "Good Morning NTOWS" post or be cursed with bad luck! Thought I had better warn you. I am supposed to be imune to it as I sought out an old swamp witch and had the curse removed. Sure I had to find a white turkey and it cost me a few fingers but I only type and pick my nose with two fingers anyway. I guy can't take chances with a curse - know what I mean! :unsure:

Greg Walters

Welcome! Hope we not only provide you with lots of useful information, but also a few belly laughs along the way!

Barb

Back