I like the Z7

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Chance

Reaction score
I run an 02 901 and love it. Every time i am at a Bass Pro I check out the Z7's and seem to li,ke them more and more. Great size at 18'7" but fishes more like a 19footer, 3" narrower than the 901 but still wide and a huge front deck for an 18 footer. max HP is 200. set up well for tournaments and priced very competitively. May be my next boat. too bad that probably won't be for a long time :(

You guys are making me want to pull the trigger on a Z-7. I looked at a 901, but for the same money I can get a Z-7.

I have a 591 08 same as the z7.Great boat lots of

room and fast.I have 200 with 6" jackplat:D

I have a '08 Z7 with a 150 Optimax, and I love it, no regrets:rolleyes:

That Optimax is the way to go, it sips gas.

I could not be happir with my z7. So far it's been a great boat.:)

Z7 might be my professional tournament boat some day. I like it. I fished out of a Z9 in Alabama and I really liked it.

I love the z8 and z9s too, but there is such a huge price jump between the z7 and them that it seems you get more boat for your money with the z7. Don't get me wrong, I love my 901, just wish Nitro would "stretch" the z7 to 19 foot or come out with a 19footer to replace the 901.

Derek Chance

BTS / KVD Line & Lure

Stahlman Powersports

Hi-Tech Collision

To answer Smitty's question;

The hole shot is pretty good with the 150, no complaints.

The fastest I have run it with two people and gear was between 55 and 60mph.

Dan,

Thanks for the info...I like the Z7 too, I was looking at it at BPS the other. It does seem to be a nice rig for the money.

I will let you know soon what I think about it. Mine will be here Friday!

I went with the 175xs.

Latest posts

Back