I had to laugh ...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Klein

Reaction score
I was out edging the back 40 yesterday afternoon when two of my neighbors returned from a club tourney. I walked over to see how they did and as I walked up I noted out loud that the lower unit was there and the prop was undamaged. It had to have been a good day on one of MO's stump-filled lakes. As we were discussing their lack of success Jim asked me what was lying in the bottom of his boat. Both of us obviously blind, I leaned over, squinted, and spied what was an errant screw. We continued talking when I observed that his lights were unplugged. The pigtail was shorn of its protective rubber--who knew how long they'd been dragging that thing. At that point, Joe came around and pointed out to Jim that one of his instrument clusters was hanging out--apparently no longer being held in by that screw. Jim hopped up in the boat and determined that three other screws had flown the coop. Wouldn't you think that for $50K, the manufacturer could spring for a couple of screws? Or at least screws that know their job? :lol::lol:

Back