Hydrofoil for my 2000DC?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 1993 2000DC with a 150 GT on the rear, does anyone think since my boat is a little underpowered a hydrofoil would help me out? Thanks for all your help this page is a godsent!

if you choose to install one, i would recomend that you look into the SE Sport.

they claim that there is no top end loss due to there design. i installed one two yrs ago. i can say i didn't loose any performance and it decreased the time to plane out quite a bit.

GregD

I put a SE Sport 300 on my 150 last summer mainly to help keep my nose down and stop some porpoising at slow speeds. I never had a problem getting up on plane, so my experience may not help you out too much there. Once I get going, the foil actually comes completely out of the water (not sure exactly when, though), so I didn't take any top end performance hit.

yammy_sig.gif

Just be careful putting one on a large vessel with little power. The foils tend to dip and grab in turns and can catch you off guard. I'd try re-propping first. Either way, good luck!

To echo me!, GregD, and Septik, I would definitely recommend a hydrofoil - specifically the SE Sport 300. I've had them installed on 3 different boats, and in all three it drastically helped holeshot, eliminated slow speed porpoising, and kept me on plane at slower speeds. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an inexpensive performance gain. I think I paid less than $50 for mine at BPS - transfered the first one to the second boat, and then bought a brand new one for the third boat. Neither of the two I bought had any problems, and seemed like they would last forever.

P-A-T-929

Back