Hydraulic steering for a 150 hp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank M

Reaction score
Can anyone post some info on istalling a Hyraulic steering kit and a photo of the cylinder assembly attaches to the motor would be nice.

Cheers Frank M

i have the paperwork that came with my '04 882, with the hydralic seastar steering. not sure whats in there that you could use but if ya want, i can copy the pages and send them to you. let me know @ [email protected]

When you get it installed you'll love it. I replaced a sloppy cable with hydraulic on my little 05'640LX/75 Opti. Love it - The install was not to hard 1/2 a Saturday to custom recess the helm behind the dash for more seat room and 1/2 Sunday to complete the install. What kind of motor do you have? They mount differently. Try this link ---

http://ww2.seastarsteering.com/OUTBOARD/oboard.htm

I would like to know if the hoses to the cylinder assembly loop or go straight from the transom to the cylinder. i ve seen one boat where it looped then attached. i would like to know which is the best way. Thanks

The hose routing all depends on the location that the hoses enter the splashwell. They need enough slack so they don't kink durring cylinder travel.

Here are a few picks of my install. The kit was bought over a few months 1 item at a time from Ebay - for a total of less than $300.00 all new items in the box.

IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

Thanks so much for your info and the photos. That keeps me a whole lot.

Thanks again.

Frank M

Back