Hurricane Gustav

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Morning all. I've been at work, Lafayette Police Department, since 5:30 a.m. getting ready for the weather to hit after lunch. This ain't my first rodeo. I remember Betsy in 1965, Camille in 1969, Andrew in the 80's, Lili in the 90's and of course Katrina and Rita 3 years ago. All you can do is prepare and wait. The family was sent up north. The house and shop secured and the boat in storage. I sure hope everyone has a safe and happy LAbor Day. I'm getting double time today.

Barry from Lafayette, La. :)

Barry,

I also rode a bunch of these out in Charleston, SC including Hugo where it took me 4 days just to cut out to get to the road.

In your location based off the Katrina/Rita free for all, the ones that left know they have nothing coming from the rest of us tax payers after the last go round. They established no shelters this time and told everyone to evacuate. The ones that stayed may think they have something coming?? Let us know how that goes.