Huntin'

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
The kid and I both killed a buck within 30 minutes of each other on opening day of muzzleloader season. By 0830, we were headed out of the woods with two bucks in the truck. You just can't buy memories like that. I'll post a pic as soon as the library comes up. Rifle season starts tomorrow and we'll be back after em'. I hope everyone has a great day.:lol:

Jim

Tox

this time of year I always have deer jerky drying on the underside of my Powerstroke from running over it on the Inner state. I'll pull some off and send it to you. As of this morining there was one buck and six does dead on the seventeen mile stretch to work.

fatrap

Youth Pheasant season was this weekend in Iowa. I took my 13 year old out. He worked hard and followed the shorthair into deep cover( 10 foot horseweeds). They flushed a bunch of birds in there but he couldn't swing on them in that close cover. It was a tough day through heavy wet cover, over and wading through several creeks Lots of mud. He didn't drop any birds but I was proud of the effort he put out in some brutal cover. Birds weren't in cover that was easy to walk and there is lots of crops in still. Good outing anyway.

Sounds like you guys had good luck probably because of good scouting on the deer.

Hey Ed,

Great to hear about the pheasant trip, sorry you didn't get any birds, but it's the time with the kid that I enjoy. Took my son out in Feb for his first pheasant hunt and we had a blast. I love chasing those pheasants. We've been hunting Fort Stewart for several years so we had a pretty good idea of where the deer were traveling and the good Lord blessed us on that day. Keep after em'...

Jim

Latest posts

Back