Humminbird woes...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Hey, who is the Humminbird guy on this site? Mine (787c2i) decided to go wacky on me, I bought an extended warranty thru Bass Pro, but as usual I can't find the paperwork. Can I still send it in to the warranty repair center and they'll have it registered?

It shuts off when I run on choppy water;

the depth won't hold on a number, it flashes thru all sorts of depths, even sitting still;

depth reads 1.7ft when I am running and also sometimes when I'm just sitting;

the top third of the screen is just rows of "surface clutter";

sometimes the screen looks like it goes "foggy" with a ring around the edges and it's locked up, I have to detach it from the base and then turn it on again;

screen locks up and I have to detach it from the base and turn it on again.

It's barely over a year old and I've used it less than six times. Any words of wisdom are appreciated. Thanks

JP

That woudl be me JP.

If its over a year old (factory warranty) than you would need to check with Bass pro on how to handle any repairs as you will be under their warranty period and not Humminbird

Greg,

I will try all your suggestions and get back with you. Can I get clarification on one suggestion. My transducer is mounted in the hull,......if I completely cover the transducer with water, am I looking for the depth to stabilize or am I looking for it to bounce around? Should have also mentioned that everything else works fine, GPS, speed, temp, etc., Thanks.

JP

Latest posts

Back