Humminbird powering up?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Parker

Reaction score
I have started having a problem with my fish finder powering itself up while sitting in the garage. I had a Matrix 10 and it would just come on. I had to disconnect the power source. I then replaced it with another unit, and found out this morning that it is doing the same thing.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be? :huh:

No master power switch. Electronics and TM are wired to the battery. Even if I had one and it was on, should the FF come on by itself?

I'd call up Humminbird's customer service. They are very easy to work with.

I could see it happening to one unit, but for it to happen again there may be a problem that they know, or should know about with that model F.F.

Steve R

Your not helping very much Marty.... seriously, how am I suppose to find my beer when it falls in the water if the FF is not functioning properly?

As long as it is always on, you won't have any problems finding your beer. I'd be concerned if it was always off--:lol::lol:.

I apologize for being flippant with your legitimate concern. I don't believe that the finder is getting so much juice that it powers up. I can't think of anything electronic between the battery and the finder that could cause the finder to power up. I'm surprised that you got two finders with the same problem; I would guess this problem is with the on-off switch. I don't know if a couple of quick jolts of juice [like a short] would trigger the on-off switch.

Greg Walters [Humminbird Central] always helps me when he can [and I think some times when he is too busy as well].

[email protected]

I went into the Humminbird website and looked at frequently asked questions and troubleshooting. Neither addressed this specific issue. Apparently, you are on a one-man mission to create this as a frequent problem.

Closest things that looked like they may be related deal with the power cord. Look where the power cord is installed in the connector; check to see if it is loose. If so, this may be adversely affecting the microprocessor.

That's all I got, but heck, if you are in Bama, then you have fish everywhere! Who needs a finder? ;)

I had the same problem this summer with my Lowrance 332C. With the cover on the boat & really high temps/humidity, the boat was turning into a steam bath under the cover. I took the cover into the shop that made it & had a ventilation device put in the center of the cover. The rear prop rod for the cover goes into it to hold it up in the breeze to allow ventilation, yet no precipitation gets in. No more powering up on it's own problem.

Maj

Back