Humminbird image

• Thread starter Travis Blankenship
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
I have a humminbird 898. The image was pretty good but when I was running on plane and would hit a wave, the transducer would flip up. So I decided to love the Trans bracket up about 1/2". At the same time I put a shoot thru transducer and a y cable so I can read depth on plane. Since then when I look at side imaging or don scan I have what looks like distortion in the water colum and them on side scan on the ride side view I also have the distortion. What could be causing this? Is it prop wash or interference with the shoot thru transducer? Help would be great. Thanks

An outboard prop cannot produce "prop wash" to a sonar transducer unless you have the motor in reverse.

A dual frequency 83/200 transducer cannot cross-talk with the 455/800 kHz Imaging frequencies. All those frequencies are used in a single Side Imaging transducer.

Send me a screen shot with the "distortions" and a picture of your Side Imaging transducer installation for anlysis. [email protected]

Travis,

Wayne is on the right track here. Your 898 is picking up some sort of disturbance in the water to the right of the HDSi transducer or something to the right of the transducer that is causing a sonar reflection back to the transducer. A few pictures of the transducer mounting may point to the cause. Does this happen when the boat is drifting as well? If so, than it is something reflecting the sonar; otherwise if is disturbed water.

You could have possibly bent in the metal

Back