Hull Discoloration

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
Hey All,

well it is starting to feel a little more like fishing season here in NH.

i am going to pull my boat from its winter hibernation and get that ugly shrink wrap cover off.

so my question is this. last season i noticed a blemish under the clear coat on the transom. it looks like a cloud and it seems to get worse when exposed to the sun all day. i have tried to wax and buff this area with no improvement. i was told to try a very like mix of meriatic acid and water. this will strip off whatever is on the gell coat, possibly sun tan lotion.?

i can't really tell wether it is on the surface or under the gel coat.

does anybody have any sugestions on how to improve this issue?

the hull is great shape over all. i hate to think i will have to look at this for the next 3/5 yrs.

Thanks

GregD

I can't put my hands on it, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that cloudiness is under the clear coat and you can't polish it away.

Marty,

i was afraid of that. i have tried a few differant products and have not had any success.

i heard the term osmonic blistering in the past. i am not sure if this blemish would be considerd osmonic. if so, there is nothing i can do.

thanks for the reply

GregD

Latest posts

Back