How'd your football team do today?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
I'm happy to say the Jets (barely) pulled out a victory at Tennessee today, on the strength of what looks like an amazing comeback, after a 2nd shoulder surgery, by Chad Pennington. He might be held together with cat gut, but he's got a lot of moxie.

How'd your team do today?

The Saints won one. Still trying to figure out why Houston passed on Bush. He had a total 160 yards rushing and receiving. He only played limited # of plays. I realy believe we had Divine intervention, he is a great player, and even better in the community. Thank you Houston, we love you!

Bubby:D:D:D

I had a GREAT weekend....

Our High School team beat our crosstown rival for the 9th time in a row 14 to 13. We won by get this....the other team had just scored late in the 4th qtr and had kicked the PAT to tie it up but one of our guys had jumped offside and they had to kick again...the ball holder fumbled...we recovered and kept them out of the end zone for the rest of the game. I was drained.

My OU Sooners beat the Washington Huskies

AND THE LONGHORNS LOST :lol::p:lol: and anytime the Longhorns lose it's a great day.

Harpo

My Pats berely squeaked on out against the Bills. I didint watch it but i did listen on the radio and it sounds like they realy didint play well. They were lucky to get a win.

I don't care for boring NFL much, if I had to pick it would be Pitt, but I'm a Michigan fan on the college side, GO WOLVERINES!

Panthers laid a giant egg yesterday, and the Cowboy's made too many mistakes.

The answer to the Bush question is really pretty simple. Bush wanted far too much money; too many ethics questions surrounded his parents and himself (financial ethics that is); and you build championship teams with defense.

Bush is obviously a very talented player, but only time will truly tell whether or not he can bring true success to the Saints. Same for Williams at the Texans. The next step the Texans need to do is get some offensive line help. Same thing the Panthers seem to need after the whupping they got from Atlanta.

Tex

"the other team had just scored late in the 4th qtr and had kicked the PAT to tie it up but one of our guys had jumped offside and they had to kick again"

Just wondering...Why did they have to kick it again if you jumped offsides? I would have just declined the penalty.

As far as my teams.. Alabama and Tampa Bay... Bama is 2-0 but doesn't look too hot.. Same with the Bucs.. It's gonna be a long year I think.

Offsides is a dead ball penalty. Must replay the down.

My teams won, Philadephia Eagle, Notre Dame, My home town high school (son's) team and my youngest boys pop-warner team.

To top it off my partner and I won this weekends bass tournament! Second win on this lake in three years!

Now if I can get some sleep!

Randy!:D

Jason, I thought the same thing but a guy sitting next to me gave me the same answer that Randy gave you. He said that if the kicking team could have got the kick off before the officials blew the whistle then it would have been a good kick. It was a cheap win....but we were happy to take it.

Harpo

Offsides is a dead ball penalty only if the offsides defensive player makes contact with an offensive player.

Well the Lions lost....and an assistant coach on team was arrested last week for driving drunk and NUDE......!!!

It would be hard to defend that one...it's not like he can say he was soooo drunk he forgot to put his clothes on...!! LOL...

Soooo....things are normal for us Lions fans...

Well, Michigan won, Atlanta won, and the Redskins play tonight. If they win it was a perfect week in football.

Next Saturday will be the best if Michigan can bet ND.

;)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

First time in Bret Favre history that he has been shut out... and it is delivered by cross town rivals from Chicago... Gotta love football....how hard is it to get a field goal anyway????

David

Colts won but I am afraid of things to come. Our running game is hurting and our run defense isn't very good. I smell trouble for Indy but I have to keep the faith. I remember some of our old records so I can't complain....yet.

Fantasy football has kicked off and we lost the first week in our Vegas league. We scored a good deal of points so that keeps us in the running. Carolina better get going!!! I posted about Vegas in Treps post. I was a celebrity for a weekend for fantasy football. It was weird. The documentary will eventually be on Fox Sports or NFL Network. I will let you know when.

Back