How to get Sponsors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
You guys weren't the only ones to make fun of me for wearing a plain shirt at the WBT tournament weigh ins. Seems like all the women, even the coanglers had sponsors plastered all over their shirts. I was teased about having zero sponsors. I figured some of these girls just put patches on their shirts and weren't sponsored but I guess not.

I wouldn't know the first thing about getting sponsored. Any tips or suggestions so I don't look so pitiful for my next tournament at the end of April?

Next time I will at least have my Scales and Tales shirt with me.

Don't worry about it Teri...you were 9th, WTH were they?

Be different...keep em' guessin':p

FISH ON!

I wore my shirt on day 3 but I didn't have any big fish so no pictures. I saved it for day 2 and put it in my truck because it was pouring down rain. I was going to get it before the weigh in but there is a rule that you can't separate from your pro so I couldn't go to the truck to get it. I am very sorry and I feel really bad about it. I promise you I will have it for every way in from here on out. I wore my hat every minute with pride! Oh, my profile picture that will go on ESPN was taken with my Scales and Tales shirt on.

Teri, you looked far from pitiful.

There is alot to be said about a person that doesnt wear the patch for the sake of wearing a patch. )aka "patch pirate")

When you are getting exposure like you just had, you need to be certain that you are aligned with companies that you beleive in, that you actually use, that you have confidence in and that will gain from having you around (in whatever capacity that may be).

Dont worry about that stuff now. You are trying to run straight outta the walker. Concentrate on your fishing. Ask some of the other Pro's that represent products that you like to use. Judy Wong, Emily Schaffer and Cindy Hill would all be good to discuss things with. BTW did you talk to any of those ladies? Make sure you tell them I said to help you out :)

And we can talk more if you just call with a question instead of making me type it....lol

Easy answer, put together a resume. Hard answer, making a sponsor believe you can make their product sell in ways other than wearing a patch on your shirt and getting interviewed in the weigh in line. Tournaments don't mean diddly do to sponsors, product sales do. The question you have to ask yourself is are you ready to have sponsors? It's like a second, third, fourth, etc., job. If you come to the MVM we'll talk...in depth and I will help if you decide to go that route.

TOXIC

Teri, if ya only got one sponsor shirt, wear it till it stands up by itself. :wacko:

Congrats on the great start!

Many more finishes like the one this past weekend and you won't have to worry about looking for sponsors...they'll come running to you.

Congrats on a great finish!!!

Latest posts

Back