How often you wash.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kish2

Reaction score
Hey there!

Just wondering how often people wash their boats. I have a 929 and am washing it after every outing. I am abnormal?

Bill

I used to do that...

Now I just wipe it down with KnB "Clean 'n Shine" while I am at the ramp...

I have my kids wash it for me. I wonder how old they will be when it is not fun to wash Daddy's boat anymore?

I rag mine off after every outing. I use 409. If I did not, white parts of the boat would be yellow from the lovely water we have on the River here.

Carlos

I wash my tin boat once a year, if it needs it or not.

Harpo

I wash myself once every 4 years like the boat, or before Every NTOWS Rally I go to!!! LOL

Seriously, i had not washed my boat till this years rally!

LOVE Tin!!

I take my boat out atleast twice a week, sometimes more, and as soon as I pull it out of the water I spray it with a botlle of 1/2water 1/2 Distilled white vinegar and then wipe it down.Cuts thru the grime,algae and scum, keeps it white as snow, and I washnwax it once a month.

I am a freak about this, I wipe it throughly with Rain-x Boat cleaner at the ramp, and then agian when I get home. Once and sometimes twice a month I clean it with Aerospace 303 protectant. The whole boat, seats, console trailer etc. This is the stuff they use on the Shuttle etc. You will never have to wax again if you use this stuff, It is a tad expensive but worth it. Note it is real slick after the application so use caution when sitting standing etc. the first trip out!!

Mark

I prefer that "camoflaged" algae look on the bottom of my boat.Plus the layer of slime helps it slide off of stumps and sandbars easier.

I use a product called S-100. Its a detailing spray made for motorcycles. I use this in between serious scrubbings. It works great. Spray it on, wait a minute , then buff it out.

Just be careful. Once after using it I bent down and put a hand on the gunwales , it was so lick that my hand slipped off and I almost fell over board. !!!

wgkish,

I'm not sure if you're abnormal just because you wash your boat everytime you use it. I'll need more info before I can form an opinion!

Bob G.

Even though mine is tin, I still wipe her down every time she comes out of the water...why? Because she's just too gorgeous not to!!! Only time I ever have to wash her is after I've trailered home in the rain...

az

boat1.JPG

TEE,

Haven't seen that pic in awhile....I remember all the work you put into that beautiful shine!!!

Does she still look as good?

Kick'nBass Clean and Shine after each outing on the top cap only. Car wash rinsing of the carpet after many outings... Between mud and diet coke and a lovely baby, it gets a good hosing somewhat frequently.

Back