How much would you be willing to pay for this boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich s2

Reaction score
Thinking about downgrading to a boat that will fit in the garage.....

How much would you be willing to pay for a.....

2006 Tracker Grizzly 1860 with aluminum floor & sides

2006 Load Rite Galvanized Trailer

2007 Mercury 50hp 2-stroke

71lb thrust Motor guide on bow with 2 Sears PM-2 Deep cycle

35lb thrust Minn Kota on transom with 1 Sears PM-2 Deep Cycle

(2) Guest on-board chargers

Lowrance 320c on bow

Lowrance 520c on console.

Boat will do 30 mph.

I'd need a lot more specific info to make an informed decision and better estimate prices, and without actually seeing the boat, it's all just "best guesses" from my perspective. There are 4 different 2006 models of the Grizzly 1860. The regular 1860, 1860CC, 1860SC, and 1860 Duck.

NADA guides don't let me pick a different motor, but with a 40hp, the average retail price for boat, motor and trailer is about $5700. Knowing that the one you are looking at has a 50 on it, and it's one year newer, the price may be a bit more.

Comparing 50hp new prices to 40 hp new prices, there seems to be about a $1000 or less price difference between comparable motors - again, several models to choose from in each HP class, and without knowing which one yours has, I wouldn't know.

Trolling motors - not enough info to make a informed price quote. Hand control / foot control on the front one? I know the rear one is a transom mount, but the front one leaves a lot to guess at. Depending on the condition and model, it could range from $200 to $500+ when new. Used, depending on condition - $150-$400 for that year in my book. I'm not too keen on Motorguide trolling motors though, so that wouldn't be an important part of the sale for me as I'd probably be replacing it. So I'd negotiate that. "I'm not really interested in... what could you do???". The transom mount one probably retailed for about $150 when new. Used, depending on condition - I'm thinking $75 or so.

The Guest chargers - awesome chargers. My favorite. However, without a model number for each, I'm left scratching my head as to the price. Guest makes a lot of models.

The batteries - $0. I'd be replacing used batteries anyway, especially if they are 2007 models. So that wouldn't play into the price negotiations for me.

Lowrance 320C - older unit. Max I'd figure is $250 used, and I'd probably be upgrading that later anyway.

Lowrance 520C - newer unit, and one of my favorites. Average used price is about $400. I've seen them for $500 used, but once the HDS units came out, prices for the 520C's and others started dropping a little.

Hope this helps you out a little. I know it's not a price quote, but it will get you going in the right direction (hopefully).

All the best,

Glenn

Back