How do submit an item for USCG?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Freeman

Reaction score
How do you submit a new item to the Coast Gaurd for there seal of approval? A friend of a friend of mine has told her he has came up with a new device that is very much needed in the sailboat area? I can't tell you much more because I have never see the product or how it works or what it does? I just know that when she ask me how to market or sell it , I told her the first thing it would need would be the USCG seal of approval? So how do I steer them in the right direction.

BF

The FIRST thing they need to do is look into patents. Just my .02

All the best,

Glenn

Sorry I can't offer you any assistance past that, but through experience in this area - get a patent on the new item first.

Hmmmm, let's see. "very much needed in the sailboat area." Well, it's just got to be something like an ego deflater right?:rolleyes:

I guess I would just start here Bruce and then poke around and maybe send some e-mails out to a couple of the links there. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Don't we have any Shallow Water Sailors here????:lol::lol:

Uncle Billy
http://www.uscg.mil/

I have a buddy who is a high ranking civilian in the CG; he might be able to advise... send me an email & I could pass it on / pass you his contact information...

David

Thank You everyone. I am going to give him the link and let him sort it out. Because until I see what it is and what it does I going through to many hoops to help him..

BF

Back