how can I talk to an actual Merc tech?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
I am having dealer problems on the right prop for my 200 Opti. It has a 23p laser, and everyone I talk to says go to a 25p tempast, but the dealer says it voids warranty. So I called Mercs service number and they told me it won't void warranty, but the dealer says that was a customer service person and they told me wrong. So what the heck do I do? Or who the heck do I talk to before I go insane?

Your dealer's an idiot! I had a couple 200 Opti's and I ran 25P Tempests on both of them and they came that way from the FACTORY.

He says its cuz my boat is a 189 Sport, not a bassboat, but that still doesn't explain why the hell I'm over revin it. The only thing I can say is its the 23p I have there now, but he keeps arguing with me, and I don't what the hell to do

Second on the dealer's an idiot

running a prop that is made by mercury that puts your motor in the recommended rpm range should not void your warranty

Thats like the dumbest thing i have ever heard. There is no way Merc would void someone's warranty for running one merc branded prop instead of another merc branded prop. There are way to many variables when it comes to prop selection, there is no one size fits all rule in play here.

It sounds to me like your dealer just dosent want to give you a new prop because he screwed up and rigged the wrong thing and will have to eat it. Its as simple as that.

I would call Tracker and find out when the factory suggests for a prop on that boat. If Tracker suggests a Tempest then make the dealer give you one in trade for the one he put on there, i wouldnt take no for an answer.

Otherwise the solution could be to just buy the prop you need and be done with it.

He should be able to exchange it though....that guy REALLY a tech?:wacko:

Yes Craig I know about that, thanx, but the dealer says its a tracker problem, they say that boat won't run right with a 25p????????? I already switched dealers, wrote them a nasty gram, and now am working with someone else who is being very helpful so far. The new dealer is giving me a 25 Tempast plus to try out for a week, and if I likey I buy-y.........At least they are willing to let me try one ya know?

Mike,make sure you post on the Dealer Report Card section so other members can see the report on that dealer. Did you go to another Tracker/Nitro dealer that is helping you?

Yes aaron, Bass Pro, which I'm not very fond of either, but will go with whoever will help me at this point.......there is no close dealers other than the idiots. Yes I will report that

The BPS in Ft Lauderdale delivered my '06 901 w/200 Opti with a 23p also. I told the set-up tech that it was too small when I picked the boat up, because that's what I had on my 150 XR6, but he claimed to have water tested it without any trouble. And of course I overreved too. When I called them about it, they told me that the motor came w/a 25p from the factory. They shipped me the 25p and after receiving it, I shipped the 23p back to them.

You are talking apples to oranges on boats, I would call Tracker and ask them what prop is shipped on the boat you got with the motor. I was under the impression that F/S are propped different from Bass boats, maybe Bob B or Pat will chime in but hopefully you will have this resolved soon enough and be on your way to being happy with your new ride.

Cass :D

Why would a F/S be propped differently? My understanding is that the hull on the F/S's for Nitro (not including the top cap) is identical to one of the pure bass models.

Correct Paul, its taken care of, the owner contaced me and is givin me a 24 tempast and a 25 tempast at no cost to me:) I'll be testing this Saturday on the water and I'll be able to readjust my top end speeds and stay in my rpm range

Guess it's the Nitro then a Ranger is different.

Cass

There not identical for sure, but similar cass...........I had talked to people from both Nitro and Tracker and they all said it should have came with a 24 Trphy 4 blade, and a 24 T or a 25 t is excepted, just depends on what you do with the boat, ski and tube is one thing that I don't do, but I needed room for my family which is now growing........its nice to have my daughter who is 14 months old play in the seating area while my wife and I fish.......I'll post Monday on how the 2 props worked out..............thanx to all for chimin in

Back