How Big Is Yours?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Carlson

Reaction score
Not having fished that long and having a 5lb largemouth bass being my all time record, I'm probably going to regret reading the answers. But, I'm curious. What is the biggest LM you have caught? What are the larger ones you typically catch each year?

5LB 13 OZ is my biggest, caught at the NTOWS rally in April this year. Closest before that was just over 4lbs on Lake Lanier a few years back.
2004%20April%2017%20Rally%20Big%20Fish%20for%20web.jpg

Largest 9.35 lbs just under 25" in a city watershed,this year (to lazy to go count them) I think 6 MasterAnglers over 5 lbs, biggest was 23.5"(6.5lb or so) Out of 6 MA's three were in one day,all in about 25 minutes(10 bass over 4lbs in 1.5 hours that day)my best day ever!!At Carter Lake, a lake with little pressure.Can't wait for spring, saw some in the flooded weeds that could go 9-10 lbs this spring when full of eggs.

Let me qualify this....

The largest out of my boat, 5 lb 7 oz.

The largest off the bank 10 lb 1 oz.

I have caught many 5 - 7 pounders off the bank, but not in the boat. I think its because I do not work the area when in the boat as carefully as I do when bank fishing.

You'd think Trep is proud of htat fish or something ;>)

My peronal best... 12 lbs 3 ozs. A beautiful Walleye!!!!

8 1/2 lbs. is my biggest caught on my favorite lake here in NC. I've caught a good number of 6 and 7 lb. bass but hope to catch a 10 pounder this Spring.

so far it's 6lbs11oz caught it 12/5/04 out of my uncles pond,on a senko. it was the biggest LM i ever caught the year before and i put it in the livewell so i could "stock" his pond, only to catch him again this year, it's nice he gained some weight

hey trep do you still have the cartoon tracker pics, i was thinking of making some t-shirts with that pic, let me know if you could thanks

tim n

My best bass hit 6lb 7oz and that's big for Maine. I have been averaging two 6 pounders a year up here. Just can't nail a 3lb or larger smallie. 2-15 is my best smallie and I got it on a flyrod!! Talk about a fight!

My biggest LM is 7-6,and next biggest was 6-4. Both came out of the same small pond about 10 yrs ago, called Brindle Pond (Trolling motors only) This past summer, i caught numerous 3-4 Lbers, at Swains Lake, and i caught a 5 lb and a 6 lb LM @ Lake Wentworth. Thats not bad for here in NH.I'm still waiting for that elusive 8 pounder. If i ever get Larry Largemouth, i'll be sure to post it here on NTOWS.

this is one of my bigger ones caught in the st.johns.she was released for another day.
Pictures%2FCopy%20of%20CNXT0018.JPG

2003 was a good year for me when it came to bigger fish. i had 3 in the 7lb class. Another 7.5lb was caught from the back of my boat. You can see 3 of em in my library, remember i'm 6.1 and 250 lbs

10 Lb 11 oz,, It Was a fight....Okeechobee Fla.....Jr

Here's mine...I was just letting my buddy Bob hold it for me:)LOL
bob crupi.jpg

Seriuosly...got this one on 4 lb. test fishin' for crappy:)
LooksFishy.jpg

This post causes a .NET Password Wizard pop-up!! What's up with that??

Bob G.

That .Net pop-up didn't start happening until about half way through the current responses. Wonder if it's somehow linked to a photo? Maybe due to the URL source of the document?

10lbs 6oz in 1986 . i think im do again lol. catch alot between 5 and 7lbs ever year . 2 weeks ago i broke off a 9 lber on my lower unit..

Back