HOLY $^&* Bass pro is coming to New England. Finally.....

• Thread starter Jim B [URL]http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY $^&* is right Jim!!!! You just made my day! :D

I always thought a great location for Bass Pro would be in Nasua NH given the no sales tax deal, on the way to Northern Lakes, and next door to Mass. Foxboro will do though!

I understand there is also a Cabelas planned for Hartford, CT.

Paul

I wonder what impact this will have on our local Nitro Dealership, MarineUSA in Worcester.

20 mins is nice. I have to drive at least 1 1/2 hours before I hit one. :angry:

....actually now that I think of it, it's probably a good thing! :wacko: $$$$$ :eek:

Just as a compairson, after the BPS came to Charlotte, the dealership up in Kannapolis kept right on chugging along. I actually think that it helped them, in some ways.

Tex

Cabelas and Bass Pro both in New England...I'm in TROUBLE!!!!! :lol:

Tex, you bring up a good point. The local dealer(Marine USA ) in my area wont be too far away from that BPS. Marine USA is the biggest nitro/tracker dealer in the country. They sell a lot of boats and back it with great service. I doubt that BPS will really change too much for them. I know when i buy my next Nitro Marine USA is where it will come from regardless of any BPS nearby.

Sue, same here. And the BPS only 20 min away from me. I should cut up my credit cards now.....:huh:

Jim, I know, Cabela's will be a 20 minute drive for me too...but they won't be here for another year. so I'm safe.....for now.:blink:

Sue, Bass pro dosent mention when they are gogin to build the store but im sure ti will be a little while. So i guess in safe too for now.

I went to the new Cabelas in Ft. Worth over the holiday. It is 235,000 sq feet. Three aquariums and untold number of 'mounts' in the store including Bull Elephant, Water Buffalo and untold deer, elk, and other animals.

Tex

Cabelas builds a nice store. I hace been to the one ni Hamburg, PA and its a pretty cool place. I spent more time just looking around then i did actually shopping.

We know have 3 Cabala's in Minnesota . with'n 10 min. Dick's, Gander Mountain,Sportsman's Warehouse all of which are new in the last year. Though I've never heard of Sportsman's it should be open soon. Also Cabala's about 25 minutes away.

SO WHY NO BASS PRO !!

Finally - I almost took a roadtrip to PA to visit the BassPro and Cabelas during Thanksgiving. I went to Orvis and the American Fly Fishing Museum in Vermont instead.

Can't wait!!! Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Hi Bill

I was in PA last spring and made the mistake of visiting the BassPro in Harrisburg instead of Cabelas. I only had time to visit one. I wasn't very impressed with that particular BassPro compared to others I have been to and have since heard the Cabelas there is much nicer.

Paul

Cabela's is much nicer but I think it is because that is their flagship store - the BassPro in Harrisburg is much older. Either way - BassPro is a welcome ediiton - beats going to Dick's!

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Believe me ... I am ecstatic :D. I will effectively spend weeks in that new store over the remainder of my life. I can't wait!

Anyone know when the expected grand opening is?

Paul

It's about time is right! Getting tired of driving across 3 states to get my tackle :)

I sure hope it's bigger than the one in NY, wasn't too impressed with that one. On the plus side, I can drive 1 hour to BPS and the Automile :lol:

I visit the Cabelas in Dundee, Michigan EVERY time I'm traveling back to Michigan to visit family. I also stop there on the way back to Kentucky again. This is the only Cabelas I've ever visited, but It blows BPS out of the water. Don't get me wrong, I love all the BPS I've been to and I usually spend way to much money there:wacko:but Cabelas does build a greater store.

The Harrisburg store is new, however it opened in an existing building. It used to be a Lord and Taylor dept. store. I've been to the PA store and the Baltimore store. The MD store is better. I wasn't really liking the fact that the PA store was part of a mall.

Either way it does beat Dick's.

WOW!!!!!!!!

it is about time. i was down in Disney for the holiday, the wife told me i could not go fishing or go to Bass Pro. how can i complian, i get to fish all year with out any hasle.

plus 8 days in Disney was a blast.

GregD

Back