Holiday Weekend w/out Water Fleas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Heydt

Reaction score
Around here, holiday weekends are pretty much "floating room only" on the lakes. Still having the itch to throw some hooks, the wife and I packed up the vests and went "fish hunting". Drove for miles looking for those places you normally drive past on the way somewhere and say to yourself, "Now THAT looks like a good spot" as you keep driving. Except this weekend, we didn't keep driving. Walked miles of cool streams, dam spillways, creeks, and anything else that looked fishable. Suprisingly, laid into some serious smallmouth action in a few places (noted for future reference), and some trout even found their ways onto our hooks. By the end of the day, had caught: largemouth, smallmouth, crappie, sunnies, trout, a small carp, catfish, and some thing we couldn't really agree on an identity for down past the Limerick Nuclear Power Plant. The productive spots were great fun; the non-productive spots were great conversations. Made me realize how blessed I was to both be alive, and married to a gal who loves to fish as much as I (well, almost). Best part, didn't see a single other person except at the one spillway. Was like fishing in Montana. Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing weekend. Let the fall feeding fest begin!!

Back