hole shot

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kelly

Reaction score
i have a 2003 avalanche with a 115hp with a 22 pitch prop. this weekend it seems i had some problems getting up on plane. had 2 riders and gear not to concerned about top end speed as much as getting on plane faster. thanks shawn

Who makes the prop? What was the air temp? Is this different from "normal" plane? How many times have you had it out? Just a little more info please:p

TOXIC

I agree a little more info. What was your rpm's and what is your rpm's at wide open throttle.

You mentioned a twenty-two pitch prop. What make is it, does it have pvs plugs that can be pulled, and if so how many are out. :blink:

I have to agree there but with the right prop, (21 pitch ) it should be a reasonable boat if your not looking for speed. Max rpm's should be 5750. With a 21 pitch prop that should move the boat a long at 52-54 mph. 35 H.P. more only gains me 60-63 MPH. A 22 pitch prop is probably a little to much for the Avalanche's weight on a 115 2 stroke. If this is a four stroke I would drop down to a 19 pitch.:unsure:

Back