Hit a big stump today!!

• Thread starter Charlie Richardson
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Richardson

Reaction score
My wife & I were on the lake this morning(a rare occurance as she's kinda scared of boats)and we were running down the lake at a fairly slow cruise of about 45. All seemed right with the world when all of a sudden all hell broke loose. I heard this tremendous BANG and out of my peripheral vision I saw this Big black thing come crashing down in my wifes lap. After a quick check to make sure my baby was ok, I assesd the damage to my wife. She had a huge bruise on her right knee and upper leg where the cowling off my 150 efi had hit her. Unbelievably the motor was still idling, so I eased her into gear expecting to hear the grinding, popping of a fubar'ed lower unit and much to my surprise and relief she smoothy moved forward. We took her back to the ramp , loaded her on the trailer and found a softball sized chunk knocked out of the skeg. I checked the transom on Ol'Spinecrusher and all I could find were a couple of small gelcoat cracks on one corner. That thing must be built like a tank. My wife is now hobbling around the house saying that I tried to kill her. I guess it'll be quite some time before she gets back in the boat with me. Looks like time for a new skeg and lotsa honey-do's to make up with the wife.....Cmack

Having lived through similar experiences, it's amazing the terrible sound that is made when impact occurs. Glad to hear the little one and the wife are okay. Sorry to hear about the skeg damage. You better start working on the honey-do list.

Bear

Wow,....musta freaked you BOTH out,.....glad she's okay!! You can fix the skeg, but a good wife is hard to replace!!Or so I'm told anyway,..ahaha (Let me know when she's healed and no longer P-O'd at you,..there's GOTTA be a cartoon in there somewhere,...maybe we can make one for her to hang next to "Ol'Spinecrusher"..LOL) Take care Bigdog!!

Mac

Hit a suspended telephone pole in the river one year after the big ice storm. Scared the crap out of me and I was only doing 25, can't imagine 45. Glad you're OK. You know in retrospect, you should at least fake looking concerned at your wife first, before the boat, less you want to sleep in Ol'Spinecrusher at night.

Back