high rpms

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Two years ago you helped my husband and I out with out first Nitro. Couldn't get out of the hole. Thanks to everyone we have been running great for two years. We have a 2002 NX750DC with 135 Optimax with Trophy Plus 4 blade with 23p. This past week it is having trouble planing and porpoising. It is very random. Sometimes we will have no problems and the next take off we are bogged down. Our rpms are reading 7000 at take off and when we are on plane and running smooth.The engine sounds great,does not sound like it is struggling or running hard.My husband seems to think the guage is not right. I had it on plane and looking back I felt like the motor was too far up so I BARELY lowered it and it turns hard to the right and leans . I barely bumped it back up and I was straight. The rpms are still at 7000. Water output is around 10.It is a new water pump. Any suggestions. It just started doing this.

Check your prop for a spun hub, 7 grand is waaaay too many rpms for that motor so either the gauge is off or you are spinning too much. Trim is normal, you have to stay in the "sweet spot" for the easiest steering. What I don't understand is that you say you are "bogged down" that would indicate low rpms not high.

Back