Hi all! greetings from Sweden

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebb4u

Reaction score
Hi, new Nitro Z17 owner. Really happy with the boat, but today I got issue with gas gauge, shows empty all the time, even if I put full of gas on it. Any ideas where should I look after?
Thank you all.

Attachments

• 449A2AAB-2F26-479C-8733-86F9B848F690_1_105_c.jpeg
    449A2AAB-2F26-479C-8733-86F9B848F690_1_105_c.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 53CE5FCA-C881-476C-97E1-92D85532EF07_1_105_c.jpeg
    53CE5FCA-C881-476C-97E1-92D85532EF07_1_105_c.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 34
Sebb4u, Welcome! I agree with Kerz. Probably a connection either at the tank our back of the gauge itself.
SEbb4u- What kind of fish will you be fishing for in our part of the world?

Sebb4u, Welcome! I agree with Kerz. Probably a connection either at the tank our back of the gauge itself.
SEbb4u- What kind of fish will you be fishing for in our part of the world?
Thank you! I will check the connections. Is there any fuse, just for the gas gauge? I measured the current to the sensor in the tank it says 12v on the cord, but there was no power at all. I'm think if if they're any fuse, just for this?
I'm fishing only pike and perch.

Attachments

• GPTempDownload 4.jpeg
    GPTempDownload 4.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 23
wow! nice fish! I don't think the fuel gauge is on a seperate fuse- that requires a very minium currentflow. I'm not an electrical guy for sure so I can't help you more with that. At least you can still fish! Keep it full off gas for now.

wow! nice fish! I don't think the fuel gauge is on a seperate fuse- that requires a very minium currentflow. I'm not an electrical guy for sure so I can't help you more with that. At least you can still fish! Keep it full off gas for now.
Thank you! I will look further and in meantime, I'll use Mercury Vessel View app, to check my fuel status.

You could test the sending unit on top of the gas tank to see if it's your gage or the sending unit. Easy test just turn on the key switch take the ground wire from the gas tank and touch it to the sending unit wire that should be a pink wire. If the gage pegs full the gage is good if not it's the sending unit in the tank.

Latest posts

Back